ZAP not allowing autoupdate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
on my winXP SP2 system i have Zone Alarm Pro installed... but i cant configure it to allow autoupdate to download updates.... i can see (*windowsupdate.microsoft.com) that updates r there to be download.... so i have to download them manualy....

pls someone tell me how to config ZAP to allow autoupdate.....

digen

Youngling
Its been a fair amount of time since I last played with ZA,maybe you could try changing a few settings ?
Does windows update work if ZA is disabled? I dont see ZA blocking WU as a problem.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Its been a fair amount of time since I last played with ZA,maybe you could try changing a few settings ?
Does windows update work if ZA is disabled? I dont see ZA blocking WU as a problem.

well when i was useeing the older version.... it was blocking.... a few days back ZAP issued an update.... after i installed the update i can see the wu has started...

so thnx for the reply....

another thing.... there is somany post regarding firewall but would still like to know should i stick with ZAP?? as for u.... did u have tryed anything better than ZAP....

digen

Youngling
I've tried quite a few & I have my favourites too according to my requirements.Zone alarm,Black Ice ,presently trying out Look n Stop.

another thing.... there is somany post regarding firewall but would still like to know should i stick with ZAP??
This would depend upon how satisfied you are with ZA presently & do you need more apart from what ZA provides?
So instead of me providing with my favs,list down your requirements & do a little bit of a research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom