youtube problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovemeall26

Broken In
Hi folks,
We get to see so many videos on youtube. However, they dont allow us to save them. Previously I could do it by getting the files in the temporary folder, but lately they have become smart and it does not land there. Does anybody know how to save the videos that we watch on youtube. If so, please help me out. thanks a ton
lovemeall26

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
lovemeall26 said:
Hi folks,
We get to see so many videos on youtube. However, they dont allow us to save them. Previously I could do it by getting the files in the temporary folder, but lately they have become smart and it does not land there. Does anybody know how to save the videos that we watch on youtube. If so, please help me out. thanks a ton
lovemeall26

u can also use youtubegrabber nd vdownloader for this purpose also

plz use the search option before posting and ask ur Q in QnA section :)

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
^they are in the same folder, but with a different extension.
Earlier they were saved as somefile.flv, now they are saved as somefile.tmp.
Just sort files by 'size' in windows explorer, and simply grab the largest files.

but lately they have become smart and it does not land there.
where files land in your pc solely depends upon the browser and not any websitew :)

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
In Linux,u can find in /tmp folder these flash files.all are in the form "Flash^^*" without any extension.so do search ur win temp folder for ur browser for the same.

slugger

Banned
if u use FF den u can use Ook? Video Ook! 0.6.6 it will save d flash file using d exact file name as it appears on d youtube site

if u wan 2 use a download manager then u may paste in d url in Youtubex

but all file will be saved as getvideo

chesss said:
Just sort files by 'size' in windows explorer, and simply grab the largest files.
i doubt it will work, 'cause d max filesizes i've been getting in my Temporary Internet files folder is around 80-90KB 4 iles of 3-4 min length even after d whole vdo has been streamed

i think dey r splitting d stream in lotsa tmp files 'cause dats wat i get wen i stream d vdo

CadCrazy

in search of myself
If you are using Firefox you can also use Unplug Extension for it
*addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2254

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
i doubt it will work, 'cause d max filesizes i've been getting in my Temporary Internet files folder is around 80-90KB 4 iles of 3-4 min length even after d whole vdo has been streamed
hmm, post the URL. I'll see f I get a similar result
Also it just might be a good idea not to use IE

slugger

Banned
chesss said:
hmm, post the URL. I'll see f I get a similar result
Also it just might be a good idea not to use IE
ok this file i actually chose @ random

*youtube.com/watch?v=xGlZbNJP--c

d max file size dat i got we playing dis file was 41 KB
dat 2 a CSS document

pathe wer i cheked out

C:\Documents and Settings\uSER_NAME\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

actually now wen 1 saw i found dat der r no *.tmp files
just
*.43 *.css *.htm *.gif *.jpg *.png *.txt *.js

1 xml document

and 3 three files with no extension

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
jfyi,in Linux we can get the files in /tmp folder as easy.then how can it works if the logic that files are splitted :?

OP
L

lovemeall26

Broken In
Hello Novjotsingh,
Thanks for giving the link of www.downloadvideos.in coz it did work for some time as I managed to download and save the files too on my comp. But lately, it seems you tube read your suggestion and have rectifiied that flaw of theirs too. Because now when I put the url in the above mentioned website, it does allow me to save but in MS DOS format and not as a .flv file. Hence, an executable file ends up being saved on my comp which when opened results in nothing.
Also another suggestion to save the largest file in the temp folder also does not work coz the actual file seems to be dismembered and saved in different formats in the temp folder which does not make it possible to save the actual whole file. So any other suggestions to help solve this problem.
Thanks in advance to all the techies once again. looking forward to hearing from you guys soon.
lovemelal26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom