YouTube Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i've been trying to upload a 11.7 MB DivX file to this youtube, & i've been trying it for more than an one & an half hour & 5 tries till now:x

is that site buggy for Uploading files:x

yesterday also i tried 4-5 times, then only a 4.7MB file uploaded:x

First i tried Opera 9.10 & it did not work (as usual), since then for this purpose i'm using IE7.
WTF is goin on here, either i get auto logged out, or the file just stays @ 55% or 60%:x

i'm on Datone UL900 plan, so only 8KBps upload speed:x

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i was able to upload the 4MB file yesterday evening (~4pm), but it took such a long fu#ing time:x.

at night the 500 plan users will be creating BIG Traffic:D, so i thought evening would be good time to upload

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i'll have to install it too then:D, rit now i've already flooded my PC with programs,... if this IE7 sh1t doesnt work by 10:40pm, i'll have to opt for FF:)

is there any uploader app. for this purpose, for youtube.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Thr r some addons for firefox which mite help u wit youtube issues.. search @ *addons.mozilla.org/firefox/ or google for odr sites..

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
mediator said:
I cant upload any file of size greater than 1 MB during the day. So try at night.
THANKS DUDE:D:D:D:D
your Suggestion worked Flawlessly:D:D:D

Problem Solved, i used Opera & in just 20mins (frm around 11:25pm) that file got Uploaded.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
so if the thread is going on youtube.Here is one irritating problem which I have already posted but got no replies.
When I watch videos on youtube.They stop playing even after the loading line is
complete.They are just stuck.It happens randomly.I have tried it in Firefox,opera and even ie.The vids stuck in all of these.

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
vimal_mehrotra said:
so if the thread is going on youtube.Here is one irritating problem which I have already posted but got no replies.
When I watch videos on youtube.They stop playing even after the loading line is
complete.They are just stuck.It happens randomly.I have tried it in Firefox,opera and even ie.The vids stuck in all of these.

which loading line, did you mean the "seek bar/Slider".

my tip, load a video (u can use mine:D) & when the Modem lights go on blinking, just pause the video, let the slider turn ligt red (compl. load) & after this try playing the video.

if still the video doesnt play...
if you're using it on Opera, after video compltly loads - goto the C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Opera\Opera Internet Explorer\profile\cache4\ & play the file with .flv extension in VLC payer:wink: if it plays flawlessly , you need to update the Flash player sh1t...

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Yes I mean the seek bar(damn word didn't come to mind).I play vids only when the seek bar is completely red.The flash player sh1t is fully updated.:D
Will try the opera thing.
Oh btw.I have also tried downloading the video using softwares such as Youtube grabber and played them using flv player.They still stop in between:-(.
One more thing,I reinstalled my xp after I got my new HDD:D.There was no problem for a month or so on the fresh install,but recently the problem has crept up again:-x

mediator

Technomancer
Well, it seems everybody here is having some sorta problem with youtube!

Ok, let me share then what I know!
1.) @vimal, u may be experiencing problem may be becoz of slow net or congested network! Since mtnl and bsnl are developing their customer base dramatically, its normal to have such congestion. I use public free DNS servers and restart my router wheneva I surf the NET! U may do the same.
Also, I assume u r using windows. Have u removed the limit i.e 20 % that is reserved for updates etc?
2.) Why do u want to download the youtube video with the help of special softwares in flv format that doesn't allows u to fast forward the video? And then change it to another format say avi?
ISn't it better if u can download the video in avi format straight away?

The answer lies at *vixy.net
a. Just Put the youtube video link in that online converter.
b. Server will convert the flv video to avi. Since the conversion is taking at server side, ur bandwidth isn't wasted. (Reasoned becoz ppl have false notion that bw is wasted like that)
c. The conversion takes quite fast. I normally experience the conversion of a 30 MB video in aprox 2-6 minutes.
d. Next when all is done, u r asked where to download the video, in which directory as usual.

So overall if u take 6 minutes to dld a 10 MB video from youtube, then with this url u can dld a youtube video in "avi" format in say like 8 minutes. I prefer this site instead of using youtube-dl or videodownloaders for youtube etc.

U may try it, but please try it during the day coz I want less traffic when I'm active there! :D

mediator

Technomancer
That means u use 80 % of ur actual net speed! Here's how u can achieve 100%

Click Start-->Run-->type "gpedit.msc" without the "
This opens the group policy editor. Then go to:
Local Computer Policy-->Computer Configuration-->Administrative Templates-->Network-->QOS Packet Scheduler-->
Limit Reservable Bandwidth
Double click on Limit Reservable bandwidth. It will say it is not configured, but the truth is under the 'Explain' tab :

"By default, the Packet Scheduler limits the system to 20 percent of the bandwidth of a connection, but you can use this
setting to override the default."
So the trick is to ENABLE reservable bandwidth, then set it to ZERO.
This will allow the system to reserve nothing, rather than the default 20%.
Source

Set the 20% to 0%

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
done it thanks.:D
Still happening:-(.Pathiks I just sat on the mouse keeping the play button pressed:D:Dand tapped it also,nothing happens.Is it malware or something?I just scanned and cleared my computer with kaspersky av and spybot:D

Last edited:

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Not yet...But it should work in firefox!!

Last edited:
OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
then its you Flash player (plug-in...) which might be the problem. as the problm is common on all browsers too, so check for its update:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom