YouTube could kill internet by 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Third Eye

gooby pls
A study from Nemertes Research Group suggests the increasing use of video services such as YouTube could see the internet reach breaking point in just three years’ time. The research firm says the flood of new video content could overwhelm the web by 2010 unless backbone providers invest up to $137bn in new capacity, more than double what service providers plan to invest, according to the study. In North America alone, backbone investments of $42bn to $55bn will be needed in the next three to five years to keep up with demand, Nemertes said.

The study is the first to "apply Moore’s Law (or something very like it) to the pace of application innovation on the Net,” the study says. “Our findings indicate that although core fibre and switching/routing resources will scale nicely to support virtually any conceivable user demand, Internet access infrastructure, specifically in North America, will likely cease to be adequate for supporting demand within the next three to five years."

Neowin.net

*www.neowin.net/images/icons/viewicon.gif View: Full Story @ PC Advisor

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Think of india..no one will bother us...
Get ready to get busy tones(just like our congested cell phone service) in broadband also..
No major players in india will take care of the backbone here.
I think we will be very soon facing crysis like long load page time,frequent sever error, downtimes...everything.
GET READY INDIA..IF THIS NEWS IS TRUE.

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
read in yesterday's Kathmandu post...
but neverthe less quite fascinating news......

see guys? one day u r gonna be surfing with ur broadband @ same dial up speed :p .. so i m not going broadband :D

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Then What about Rapidshare , Megaupload and all those sites. They store much larger data.!!!!!! Why is Youtube to blamed alone?

expertno.1

Technomancer
but i dont think anything will happen coz data storage is getting cheaper and cheaper ............

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Its not about storage guys.read it clearly...its about the backbone.
Servers...storage....are never a problem..put in some thousand...yöü will tb of space.
Its the network structure.
But read in recent post that someone have devised a system to deliver data's more with the same technology..hope that kicks in and save the net..
There are lots of new things to come when we switch over to ip6..lets wait and see.but i see india's broadband future getting buried day by day..
Do yöü think Airtel or bsnl will take care of quality of service for us.

Waiting to see flaming threads about the network and their service here in this forum in some years

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
get a grip,
read the real story and the comments linked below

YouTube could kill internet by 2010, Unless you give AT&T what they want
dslreports.com/shownews/The-Internet-Ends-in-2010-89585

Last edited:

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Our findings indicate that although core fibre and switching/routing resources will scale nicely to support virtually any conceivable user demand, Internet access infrastructure, specifically in North America, will likely cease to be adequate for supporting demand within the next three to five years."
what exactly is the 'internet access infrastruture' anjd how wld youtube put a strain on it??

praka123

left this forum longback
humein kya farak padtha hai?dont u know dataone users are on 100mbps connection from 2008 8)
haan...mein sapne dekh raha tha! :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom