Your opinion

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by kumarn_2004, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kumarn_2004

kumarn_2004 New Member

Dear Sir,

*There is no Broadband facility in our area. Technology changes now and then. So, can you recommend me a cheap and best Modem to get possible high speed internet?
    *Somebody says that keeping CD-Rom and DVD-Rom inside a paper or polythene paper cover for a long period of time may damage the CD-Rom and DVD-Rom. Then what is best way?
    *I have got Windows XP Home edition with me. I heard that there is way to download patches in order to get and use Windows XP Professional edition. Step by step method?

2. Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta Rebooting

well the best way is to keep those IDE / Optical drives in a AntiStatic packate.. usally all drives come in to one... so if u have to store one store it in that packet...

cant understand ur question... u need to purchase Windows XP Pro to upgread from XP Home...

Look for WLL or CDMA connection... usally they are faster than Land Line Dial up... :) and most of the time the CDMA handset it self a Modem.. :)

3. OP
    OP
    kumarn_2004

kumarn_2004 New Member

Look for WLL or CDMA connection... usally they are faster than Land Line Dial up... :) and most of the time the CDMA handset it self a Modem.. :)[/QUOTE]

Hi,

I have a very little knowledge of Computer. So, make me understand by providing with much details in plain english.

4. it_waaznt_me

it_waaznt_me Coming back to life ..

WLL / CDMA = Reliance or Tata Indicom . They'll give you around 115 Kbps out of the box which is somewhat better than 52 Kbps given by dial up connection. Or you may ask your cable service provider if he provides ISP services. That will be cheaper.

Windows XP Home and Professional are two different editions. You cannot patch a Home edition to make it to Professional one.

5. nishant_nms

nishant_nms New Member

In which city do u live

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.