Yoper Linux 3.0 Now Available: Get it now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
*www.imgx.org/pfiles/572/logo.pngYoper Linux (abbreviation from Your Operating System is a Linux distribution for PCs with i686 or even higher processor types. It can be used for both desktops and servers. This version is related to Knoppix as its hardware recognition tools are those known in Knoppix. The defining feature of the distribution would be a set of custom optimizations designed to make it the "fastest out-of-the-box distribution".

Tobias Gerschner is the lead-developer of the Yoper Linux distro. Along with the Yoper team, he has recently made available the 'Titanium' codenamed, stable release of Yoper GNU/Linux 3.0. Among the usual bug-fixes and corrections, one will also find in this brand new release numerous delicious additions and updates. Just to make an idea of what I mean, I should tell you that the 2.6.21.1 kernel version also includes the SD scheduler, or the Xorg 7.2, KDE 3.5.7, Koffice 1.6.3, Firefox 2.0.0.4 and of course many other cutting-edge desktop packages "Titanium" ships with.

*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/large/573/snapshot1.png​

Highlights:
  • add smart-service for pkg installation into kde service menu
  • kdelibs : fix including yoper about logo
  • gtk2 : properly install runtime service
  • fontcache : small rearrangements for timestamping
  • renice X to -10 for improved interactivity
  • add gutenprint and foomatic to kde base desktop
  • ndiswrapper : update to 1.47
  • digikam : update to 0.9.2
  • fix virtual dependencies for smp module
  • small dependency fixes for xfce desktop