Yikes!!! Virus attack! MP3 Player Fooched!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Darth Penguin
Hey fellas, hows it going? Some of you may remember me from a couple of months ago, I was the engg student on a three-month summer break with a p4 and an Ubuntu cd to mess around with. Well, before leaving home for the new semester, I picked up a T.sonic 610 after consulting with you chaps on the forum. The thingmie worked like a charm, and I've had no cause for complaints so far. Until half an hour ago. Went to the computer centre for a bit, plugged in the T., and proceeded to check mail and whatnot. On my way back, I fired up the player, and to my immense dismay (I had loaded it with songs, photos, ebooks, assignments, and whatnot), it said that there were no music files present. Rushed to a friend's room, ran a scan using Avast. A worm called win32 VBG or somefink had turned everything into a 32 byte .scr, so Explorer said. I had a total of 2000+ files, all of which were apparently infected and uncurable, so i sent 'em to the vault. Now, although there are no files left in the gizmo, it still says only 515 MB free when i start it or plug it into a system. HELP, PLEASE!!! :-(

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Choose 'Show Hidden Files' and 'Show OS Protected Files' and see if anything remains. Else get that format utility from your Transcend disk and format it.

OP
Cyclone

Cyclone

Darth Penguin
Aaaaah! Zank yhou, zank yhou, zank yhou berry much. I'd tried the 'Show hidden files' earlier, it didn't turn up anything. Didn't see the OS thingmie. now how do i uh-hide them? Right-clicking, going to properties, and unchecking the 'hidden' box doesn't seem to work. It doesn't get unchecked.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
try formating it using in inbuilt formater. usually new players will have this feature inbuilt.

OP
Cyclone

Cyclone

Darth Penguin
Yeah, I think the driver cd that shipped with it has a Format feature. But since the files are there anyway, AND uninfected now, why can't i just un-hide 'em?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom