Yet another Seagate, Failed & replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Hi digitans,
I purchased a Seagate ST380817AS 80 GB SATA-I on may 05, it failed on june 06 & then replaced it with a Certified Repaired HDD. then again recently 20 days back. it failed again, this time i ensured i got a new drive

Damm this Seagate:x

so i got a 7200.10 SATA-II drive but i tried installing Windows xp on it but it failed. www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=809a4d4b57cb0110VgnVCM100000f5ee0a0aRCRD&locale=en-US

so please help me install windows xp

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
@gary4gar - When I browsed the MSI Site for your MB's Tech Specs, it indicates RAID 0 & RAID 1 support. Try disabling the Onboard RAID Controller and then try to install Windows XP. Update me after trying this.And regarding Seagate SATA Drives, I had a bad experience of 4 of my newly replaced HDDs getting bad sectors as early as 10-15 days.;)

OP
gary4gar

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
@gary4gar - When I browsed the MSI Site for your MB's Tech Specs, it indicates RAID 0 & RAID 1 support. Try disabling the Onboard RAID Controller and then try to install Windows XP. Update me after trying this.And regarding Seagate SATA Drives, I had a bad experience of 4 of my newly replaced HDDs getting bad sectors as early as 10-15 days.;)
okay :)

OP
gary4gar

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
there is no option to disable Onboard RAID Controller, however i tried disable Onboard SATA Controller but this didn't help:|

I think i need to integrate SATA drive in Xp

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Try to find which SATA controller is on the HD. Based on that, you can integrate the drive for your Windows. I have been doing that all evening yesterday :D

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
*www.richandstephsipe.com/wordpress...-on-sata-ii-hard-drive-on-ga-k8n-motherboard/*www.richandstephsipe.com/wordpress...-on-sata-ii-hard-drive-on-ga-k8n-motherboard/

This would help you with your installation ;) although I do not know what motherboard are you using.

prasad_den

Padawan
Then a floppy drive would be a better option..! Did you try disabling AHCI? It should work that way, but you'll end up losing the advantages of SATA.. which are negligible in any case...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom