Yahoo's secret space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
INTERNET giant Yahoo is secretly developing a social networking service to rival Facebook and MySpace.

A Yahoo employee let the cat out of the bag by mistakenly emailing a New York Times reporter inviting him to join the unannounced service called Yahoo Mash.

Journalist Brad Stone said on his New York Times blog that a Yahoo employee had sent him an email saying he had set up a profile for Stone. After Stone clicked on an email link to visit the profile, he couldn't get past a login page. Yahoo reportedly told Stone that Yahoo Mash wasn't yet open to the public.

A Yahoo spokeswoman said that the service was at an "alpha" stage.

Yahoo's $US1 billion ($A1.2 billion) bid to buy Facebook was knocked back last year.

Source

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I am getting rather fed up of all these networking sites. I was on Orkut, then because UAE govt decided to block it my friends there moved to facebook so now I'm on two. Get scores of invites to join others which I simply shun.

OP
Gigacore

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
^ i just have an account in orkut.... but i never visit orkut... :D

Infact i dont have enough time to look after my FORUM and other stuff

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
friends

the social network has some huge numbers of addicts i mean social addict and many use it for constuctive ways ...eg tracing old friends but many dont use it 24x7 yet there are many addicts who are 24x7x365days on the orkut

i use orkut just because of the community i am into !

warm regards
nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom