YahooO cam security

Status
Not open for further replies.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
First of all, I have heard a lot about this, but I am not convinced that the programs that "claim" to allow you to see others webcams without their permission are just fake, which is why they ask you pay to purchase the software first without a trial or anything of that sort. You can view a webcam "anonymously" but the user still needs to give you permission to view and can kick you any time they want. Viewing a webcam without your explicit permission is impossible. If you ask for links or ways to go around doing this, I or another moderator will lock the thread faster than you can say Yahoo!

OP
V

vijaythefool

In the zone
Any way i know the link and have tested it my self and it works pretty well but i want to be safe from it my self . would y tunel or yah elite help solve this or some thing else ?

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
I too have regularly come across this claim of softwares that let you view someones cam without permission. There are claims that "CamBuster" was one such software, but thankfully, it's not working anymore. It's best to stop looking for such a software beacuse it only amounts to vouyerism and violation of some ones privacy.

OP
V

vijaythefool

In the zone
Can some one mention how to stop this or to remain at this end with a web cam ? its just not a claim enoomai and alt ctrl del , cambuster no more works but ....... another one which works .. every time i get surprises using web cam . i dont want this to happen ...

iinfi

mekalodu
well i have heard that like spywares and key loggers there are softwares which can be installed on anyones PC (provided u know the IP address) which is not secure (without firewalls etc...) .....

such s/w can record the activities of ur bedroom (where ever your PC is kept ...) if ur cam is plugged on .....

and then upload the images or video to ur website like geocities etc. .....
thats all i know and some of my friends did it with .... u know whom .... i dont have a clue how actually they did it ...

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
First of all, make sure your computer is clean of all trojans/spyware as they can sometimes override the permission request of the webcam in Messenger by providing the permissions themselves. If necessary, post a HJT log file so that me or swatkat can take a look if you have malware. But otherwise, if you are using a good firewall and the latest version of Yahoo Messenger, rest assured no one will be able to view your webcam WITHOUT your explicit permission if your PC is clean. Can you please provide details on the "surprises" that you were talking about and if necessary, we can do a bit more analysis on the same. I still maintain that you cannot view someone's webcam without their explicit permission. Anonymous access is allowed, but that too only with your permission.

OP
V

vijaythefool

In the zone
hey ennonmai i found out like u said reguarding the permission i tested that tool on many ids without that permission request disabled..i ran an anti virus scan and the tool it self had some trojans.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
This post made me Google around for some information on such softwares. Mostly it ended up in trojans. Some were pretty innovative like one which would reverse the "Yes" and "Deny" buttons so that if you click on "Deny", you end up giving them access! Now thats neat! Others were "packet sniffers' as they liked tocall it which would sniff out the webcam packets or whatever, they explained. Somebody said viewing someones webcam without permission will get you fined with 3000$ and 6 months in jail!!! I don't know if that's true and don't want to verify it either!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom