Yahoo + NAV = Virus cant be healed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Well while useing Yahoo! Mail i ma facing a problem... that is if a file is virus corupted yahoo isnt allowing to cline or to download.....

what is happened is my 1 of my contact has send me few important emails (Word+excle) in form of zip attachment.... now the zip file does contain a virus (Yahoo say that...)..... now those are very important files & i need them... now the virus yahoo's nav05 maintioned, nav05 is capable to heal it... if it wont then i am ready to download the file at my own risk....

but neither yahoo's NAV05 is healing it nor allowing me to download it..... now i cant ask my friend to send me a another clean copy (Dont ask why...)..

so what can i do??

i thought ot forrowrding the mail to other email clint but the txt is going not the attachments.....

aadipa

Padawan
create the folder in yahoo, move ur mail to that folder

then download YPops!
install and configure it with ur mail client

now instruct YPops! to download mails only from newly created folder.

try to check mails using YPops! in ur mail client.

digen

Youngling
There is a easy workaround to this,incase you know a bit of php & by changing the url in the browser you can bypass yahoo's antivirus.Atleast it could be bypassed earlier,i havent had to need to play with it again.
Oh btw thats the very little I can/allowed to share with you. :)

ferrarif50

Journeyman
There is real lenghty work around for this.

Register in www.cashette.com for a free email.
( I choose that, coz it has no virus scanning feature for attachments).

Add your Y! ID in the approved list of your newly created email.

Now, go to Y! and just forward your email containing the attachments to cashette.

Download it from ur new email account in Cashette

Hope this helps you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom