YAhoo! - Messenger,profile questions [UPDATE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey i am Readermaniax and I have the following problems in Yahoo! :-

>>>I have downloaded the latest version of yahoo! messenger which is 7.5 form *messenger.yahoo.com/. I have Some Questions:-
1.what is "open talk" option is the status :?

2.My friend who are Acutally online (not invisible) are shown as offline in my Messenger list....they have not done any stealth settings :?:

3.Is there a way i can reamove my Id from others Messenger list(no hacking stuff) :?:

3.is there a way my status can automaticly detect the song playing in my windows media player and display it as a status :?:

>>>My one and only default profile isnt showing anything....even when i edit and save the changes...what is the prob :?: how can i solve it :?:

>>>i want all my mails form my "a" "b" "c" yahoo! email account to be atomaticly forwarded to my "d" yahoo! account ....how can i do this :?:

>>>i Want to change my name in Yahoo which i entered while registering

thanx

cya
chao

regards,
readermaniax@yahoo.co.in

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
new Y! means?? 7.0 ???
to change personal info u just have to go to
messenger > my profiles and change frm there

nd whats this open talk...pls elaborate!

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
Ans 3.
No Buddy...
"Removing YOUR name from somebody else's Yahoo! friends list. Updated 1st July 2004 new YMSG login"
*www.zakie.fsnet.co.uk/nobuddy/

Ans 4.( accidently written as 3 :) )
*www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Chat/Instant-Messaging/YMedia.shtml
*www.wackyb.com/zzub/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=488

More good stuff : *www.wackyb.com/zzub/index.php?showtopic=61

# Mail forwarding not available on .com accounts for free
# Changing name .. not possible AFAIK .. you can change it in profile though !! but yahoo wont consider as your real name .. just something you want to show in your profile.
# Profile not working ... no idea why ! try mailing to yahoo help

-----
alibi

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
readermaniax said:
1.what is "open talk" option is the status :?

Dont know, Not using the beta.

readermaniax said:
2.My friend who are Acutally online (not invisible) are shown as offline in my Messenger list....they have not done any stealth settings :?:

Beta, so prolly a bug, not sure. Use stable version 7

readermaniax said:
3.Is there a way i can reamove my Id from others Messenger list(no hacking stuff) :?:

Yes, google for buddydeny. Very lazy to do it now.
readermaniax said:
My one and only default profile isnt showing anything....even when i edit and save the changes...what is the prob :?: how can i solve it :?:

Where are you viewing ur profile from?

readermaniax said:
>>>i Want to change my name in Yahoo which i entered while registering

Not possible if u are referring to ur yahoo id itself. If its ur first name last name, then profile editing is what you would like to do.

readermaniax said:

NP.

readermaniax said:

C ya.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

lovely explanation there virus....

and readermaniax,tell us frm where ru viewing ur profile ie frm yahoo msngr or frm profiles.yahoo.com/profile/<ID> and NOT frm which application!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

bizzare_blue

Journeyman
(6) If you want to change ur name(Real Name) then do it by editing ur profile name...n if u want to change the name which the other person sees wen he recieves a mail frm u then...login to ur Yahoo mail acc. Click on options and then click on General Prefrences and change ur name there....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom