yahoo messenger problem how 2 solve it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NagpurDaMunda

In the zone
I m facing one strange problem with Y! Messenger.

For the past few days, whenever I sign in to Y! messenger, i can see offline messages just for 1 or 2 seconds and the window containing offlines automatically gets close.. so i m missing many important msgs for past few days .. pls help

satyamy

Alive Again...
Vishal Gupta said:
I think these offline messages r stored in Message archive ? Not sure, so take a look there...
no man yahoo dosent store offlines to archive thats the prob yahoo have :(

first clear your temp folders than you try reinstalling yahoo messenger
may be it work
I m just make a blank shot because in many yahoo messengers prob this has work

champ_rock

champ_rock
same problem i am also facing.. then yahoo relogins...

but i know my prblem is with zonealarm.(if i disable that then everything works fine). do u also have that...

paul_007

Padawan
uninstall the yahoo messenger and install latest version of yahoo messenger , i think this will solve your problem

Ishan

In the zone
No yaar
I am sure andd using yahoo
Yahoo stores all offline msgs in Msg Archive...in Contacts menu...
But u'll see the offline msgs there only if u have activated the that thing that whether to store offline msgs or not?
if u have not activated it then

go to Messenger menu->Preferences-> Archive(on the Left)-> Save all my Msgs....
Just do it.Bye

satyamy

Alive Again...
Ishan said:
No yaar
I am sure andd using yahoo
Yahoo stores all offline msgs in Msg Archive...in Contacts menu...
But u'll see the offline msgs there only if u have activated the that thing that whether to store offline msgs or not?
if u have not activated it then

go to Messenger menu->Preferences-> Archive(on the Left)-> Save all my Msgs....
Just do it.Bye
I tried this but yahoo saves only chat archive & not offline archive
which version of yahoo messenger do u use.........?

Ishan

In the zone
I use yaho msger 8, but I was using this in 7 also..which do u have..In my msger offline msgs are also stored.
just check it..

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I think Offline messages started to store in message archive from version 7.
In older versions there was a menu named "offline messages" (or something like that) to directly see offline messages.

Please help me with this. I'm not able to log into a chatroom with my id. Whenever i try entering a chat room the loadbar compltely fills up but then the second i click "Enter" i get a message, "This request is refused" Then after a while another message pops up "Signing into Chat took longer than expected. Please try again" I use winxp SP2. IE 6+. This is just not on my computer, i mean wherever i try(iWay,Reliance WEB WORLD,etc etc) i get this.

Last edited:

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
satyamy said:
I tried this but yahoo saves only chat archive & not offline archive
which version of yahoo messenger do u use.........?

As far as we know it does save the offlines, condition is that it must download the offlines first. Download in the sense, when u login it downloads all the offlines from yahoo and then as a menu, displays it. Since you are not even able to view them in the very first place, they are not being stored in archive. Now the problem must b either with ur yahoo version or someone might b flooding u with lots n lots of offline messages so that yahoo messe is not able to display all and terminate. You can try reinstalling yahoo. Do try on some other pc and let us know. If that works then do try some other chat client like gaim or yahelite or why not out good friend meebo!! keep us updated

Ishan

In the zone
NagpurDaMunda said:
I m facing one strange problem with Y! Messenger.

For the past few days, whenever I sign in to Y! messenger, i can see offline messages just for 1 or 2 seconds and the window containing offlines automatically gets close.. so i m missing many important msgs for past few days .. pls help

well remember this b4 reinstalling yahoo msger...
If anywhere ur important msgs are stored ...they all will be gone....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom