Yahoo Messenger Message Archieve Backup ! Is it Possible ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnold

Broken In
Hello Friend,
Can anyone of you please tell me,how to take back up of the Yahoo Messenger message archieve ? i would like to format my Windows Installation drive and would like to get the message archive exactly as it is now, after i install Yahoo Messenger doing the formatting of my C drive . I am not sure if that is really possible or not ? And if yes, how to do it ?
Hope to hear from you all !!

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Simple. Navigate to Yahoo! directory and then take a backup of the Profiles.

Like:
X:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\Profiles

Where X is the installation directory.

@Mods: Request moving it to QnA section.

A

anurag_online

One more thing you should keep in mind that if you are finding other profiles there which don't belong to you can also be backuped but will be of no use for you as they will only open when you are logged on that perticular account.

Also either if you change the name of the folder that contains some chat archieve like say mine id is love_for_khushi i have chatted with some say sanbomb2000 then our chat will be saved in the folder named sanbomb2000 under he folder love_for_khushi. If you change the folder name of sanbomb2000 to santosh even then it will still run in your ID.

To reinstall the backup files copy them in the same folder frm where you copied the i.e. X:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\Profiles\YAHOO_ID\Archive\Messages

Regards
Anurag

for more information on yahoo tweaks you can also follow the link given down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom