Yahoo! Messenger has encountered a problem help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NagpurDaMunda

In the zone
Yahoo! Messenger has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

how to solve this problem

*www.uploadmall.com/images/imgs/3ef0ec810e.jpg

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
1) Make sure you are not being booted. Sign in invi mode and check just for isolation.

2) Unistall yahoo. Clear ur system of all yahoo files. Clean registry with good registry cleaner.

3) Update windows if not done.

4) Download and install fresh copy of yahoo ( dont go for betas they suk)

OP
N

NagpurDaMunda

In the zone
Reply :-

i cant go for 1st option as my messenger is not getting started

i cant go for 3rd option coz i installed fresh copy of windows yesterday only

i cant do 2 and 4 th option as i had downloaded n installed it today only n also it was working fine but started giving problems just now

legolas

Padawan
what version of windows do u have? and what version of yahoo did u download? if u hav not updated windows to sp2 and also not hav installed latest security updates, i am pretty sure that is the problem...

/legolas

I

invisible

legolas said:
what version of windows do u have? and what version of yahoo did u download? if u hav not updated windows to sp2 and also not hav installed latest security updates, i am pretty sure that is the problem...

/legolas
You might b right.

Make sure that u have installed SP2 and ZoneAlarm AV+FW before connecting to the net.

I cant think of any other problem.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Check for WinParite infection.

I had been facing the same problem for a long time until a virus scan threw up Parite 32 infection. After getting rid of it, I could get Y! Messenger up and running.

Also see if you are using any Windows Skin programs like Windows Blind etc. Try to disable them and get back to default XP mode and see if it works.

krish

Journeyman
See if it works, it worked for me. Install a copy of Macromedia Flash Player SA and Shockwave too. I got the same error no matter how many time I install and reinstall. Try it..

OP
N

NagpurDaMunda

In the zone
yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo thank u very much krish it worked for me after installing flash player

PavanPoghul

Broken In
Hmm.. Weird...

I have never faced any problems with Yahoo! Betas including the latest 7.5! it works like a charm :) anyway glad to know NagpurDaMunda's problem is solved :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom