Yahoo Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
Dear Friends,

I plan to buy yahoo mail so that i can use it with my mail client.

When i try to pay through credit card it says invalid number and is not accepting payment. Mine is an international card and i checked with the bank about the status of card about internatinal payment and it is found ok.

has any body else has tried to buy yahoo mail from india? Do they have any india office where i can send the payment and get activated?

Thanks and Regards

B.Shivaranjan

tuxfan

Technomancer
Why do you want to buy Yahoo mail? Any specific reasons?

How much are you paying?

I feel there could be better options than that.

N

nipun_the_gr8

Which mail client will you use ??
I am using Outlook Express with Yahoo! for free !!

OP
S

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
nipun_the_gr8 said:

I am using outlook 2003. How are you using yahoo mail for free? Are you using yahoo Pops? I tried to use yahoo pops but it works sometimes and some times it does not work. and i am able to send mails through it.

Awaiting your reply.

Charley

Just Do It
shivaranjan.b said:
nipun_the_gr8 said:

I am using outlook 2003. How are you using yahoo mail for free? Are you using yahoo Pops? I tried to use yahoo pops but it works sometimes and some times it does not work. and i am able to send mails through it.

Awaiting your reply.

Well u cud just add in the pop and smtp setting in the Outlook options menu and u can recv and send ur mails.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Yahoo stopped free POP3 access long ago. If you still want to use POP3 access, you have to either pay or use YahooPOPs. But YahooPOPs is erroneous and I am sure Yahoo will ensure that it remains erroneous by changing the code of its site.

I feel, if you are ready to pay so much for yahoo mail, it will be better to book your own domain and host it. Then you can also have multiple forwarding accounts. But of course, you will not have 1 GB of space at that price.

But even gmail offers free POP3 with more than 2 GB!!

rohanbee

Padawan
Not possible, my yahoo account is pre-1997 and it lost pop3 priviliges long time back. Infact the longest pop3 account was given by usa.net (wonder what happened to this e-mail service)

Yahoo e-mail service for free is the best .............the paid service is not very expensive but not that worth it either!!!

iinfi

mekalodu
sending attachments by GMail is an ordeal ... esp. .exe.attachments ....

It doesnt allow .exe files to be sent thru its network ......

i think ...according to GMail all .EXEs are viruses ... h eh h he

conclusion: VB6 and VB.NET projects cannot be sent .....and GMail doesnt have an antivirus installed !!!

yahoo is still the best Free e-mail service provider ...... yahooPOPs works fine for me .....

adit_sen

In the zone
dude...y do u wanna pay for yahoo? if u basically want pop access wit yahoo...then its possible to get it for free, even without a third party program. i have a yahoo account (.co.in) and i have free pop access for pop and smtp (pop.mail.yahoo.com and smtp.mail.yahoo.com). if u wanna kno how 2 enable it, its quite simple...u can figure it out or ask me...but i dunno if it'll work wit a .com yahoo id. u can still try it out if u want...lemme kno

peace

PraKs

Youngling
ahaaa yahoo all sites are giving paid pop & SMTP

If any genius is using still for free then do let me know smtp, pop address as well port no..

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
are u sure ur entering the three digit CCV number mentiond at the back of ur card properly???

this happens a lot of times... try if it works for you...

iinfi

mekalodu
babumuchhala said:
yes all u gotta do is rename it to something thats not exe something random.

why sud u use a mail provider which doesnt provide u with sending the attachments u want. use YAHOO MAIL. thats the best ....

PraKs

Youngling
babumuchhala

For sending exe in Gmail

Rename the file to DOC & Send it
Download back & rename to exe .. done :)

mohit

The Hardware Labs
paying for an email account ? its a waste of money.

go for gmail or hotmail. hotmail is also upgrading its storage capacity and it has free pop 3 access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom