Yahoo Mail integrates Yahoo Messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Beginning Monday, some Yahoo Mail users will be able to chat in real time through their e-mail program. Yahoo said in November that it would embed instant-messaging technology directly into its Yahoo Mail program so that users wouldn't have to open up--or even install--Yahoo Messenger or another IM ,service to chat with each other online.
The rollout is set to be phased over several months. Google added chat to Gmail a year ago, but the experience is not as integrated as the new Yahoo Mail chat functionality, Yahoo has said. AOL's AIM Triton offers integrated e-mail, instant messaging, SMS text messaging, and voice and video chat.

Source

*i.n.com.com/i/ne/p/2007/ymailmessenger_550x382.jpg

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Expected it. Now good to hear it. I simply love the embedded google chat in gmail too.
Nice pic of info. Reps for you! :)

B

brutality9k

Actully, it's tooo good for those offices where Yahoo Messenger & Orkut are banned :D

OP
alsiladka

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
piyush619 said:
but yahoo mail beta version is too slow

It may be slow to load, But currently, it is the best mail out there. Beats Gmail and Live "Hotmail" hands down.

The best interface, features, really has come out well. Am ready to wait that xtra long for the use!!

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
alsiladka said:
It may be slow to load, But currently, it is the best mail out there. Beats Gmail and Live "Hotmail" hands down.

The best interface, features, really has come out well. Am ready to wait that xtra long for the use!!

Beats GMail? Yahoo's spam filters are crap. Gmail filters each and every spam mail for me.

Plus, GMail offers POP Access. It's very useful for people like me who use mail.app

OP
alsiladka

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Yahoo Mail India offers POP as well as forwarding for free.

Talking about spam, i have noticed that Gmail Spam mails are carefully crafted fully text mails which mention your last name or even full name. I doubt that these mails utilize JS.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
good for school & colleges for sure, I just told a friend of mine in pune about it today, cos Yahoo messenger is banned in his hostal...now he uses this & GTalk

No idea if GAIM will work there with yahoo:confused: but i mentioned it anyway

GMail has problems with admuncher, or maybe it's the other way arround & it doesn't support creation of folders. Yahoo Mail is much more organised then GMail

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Onkar Joshi said:
So now offices will ban Yahoo and Google mail sites too.

Mine already does. :mad:

Don't worry, as far as i Know, to ban yahoo messenger they simply ban the installation or the execution ability of yahoomessenger.exe, I found today, confirmed from my friend in Pune, GAIM works there :D with yahoo

They cannot ban the E-Mails man, they are a part of office isn't it, like official mails etc, unless they have their own Mail filtering system & Outlook/lotus Notes.

Or you always have alternates like Miranda, trillian & proxies...jugard har jagah hai

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
mail2and said:
Beats GMail? Yahoo's spam filters are crap. Gmail filters each and every spam mail for me.

Plus, GMail offers POP Access. It's very useful for people like me who use mail.app
My yahoo spam filters are very nice.And I have .co.in account so outlook works for me :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom