Yahoo Mail Alert for Indian service providers possible ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnold

Broken In
Friends,
Can any one of you please confirm it whether the free Yahoo SMS Alerts in the mobile phone for any incomming mails in your Yahoo account be activated with the Indian Cellular service providers ?

Actually, I am confused after I tried to activate the service, it didn't said that it won't be possible to do so, but after trying every possible way to set the alert, I don't receive any alert in my mobile !

Also, is it possible to get online using an Indian mobile phone to be online in the MSN messenger ? If so, how ? Because even after registering my phone number with MSN,I don't get any option "To sign in with your mobile device" just as we see in Yahoo Messenger ! So, what is the truth ?

Please reply me someone ! :roll:

prasad_den

Padawan
Actually, I'm using the yahoo sms alerts option without any problems..... But I don't think it is free.. For every alert you receive Re.1 is docked from your mobile balance.. Thats why I have customised to receive alerts only for messages received from hotmail.com, gmail.com, yahoo.com and yahoo.co.in...I'm an airtel user.

nicole2208

Broken In
Well, I have a problem with the Yahoo service .
I am a Reliance user, I have successfully registered my Reliance mobile with Yahoo, I have also set some of the alerts and I have also set some filters to get some SMS alert for my incomming mails. But, when I check my Alerts list in the Yahoo mobiles , I don't see the "Mail Alert" option being on,and none of the other services that appears to have been set ON doesn't send me any SMS's either !

So,any one of you have any idea what to do about it ??? :?

moshel

Padawan
i hav problem in MSN, dont receive messages. btw MSN doesnt have a sign in to mobile device option. it signs in automatically when u logout frm the PC messenger

i used to get yahoo mail alerts earlier but i closed it now. it becomes just too much. faced no problems with that.....try unregistering and then re-registering.....that m8 help

nicole2208

Broken In
Thanks for the bit of information moshel ! I didn't really knew that for MSN ...

And about Yahoo, I did set my Filters to decide which mails to get where and there I set the alert to my mobile device, but couldn't make it set in the "My alerts" list. How to finish the process of adding alerts with Mails?

Also, can you please tell me that aen't you people finding an error mesage while trying to register your Indian mobile ? Isn't there some fixed American operaters name in the list you when you choose "not listen" ,all you get is "sorry,we do not support your operator" reply at once ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom