Yahoo in outlook expres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netjunkie

In the zone
POP access is not free for all yahoo accounts.
However if you have a co.in account you can use it.

Select POP3 as the incoming mail server type

Incoming mail: pop.mail.yahoo.com
Outgoing mail: smtp.mail.yahoo.com

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
NETJUNKIE: thanks dood regarding .in accounts i dint know :) well for other accounts here we go.

1. Install outlook express.
2. Have a valid yahoo account.

When above two conditions satisfy please proceed.

3. Download Ypops

*dbeusee.home.comcast.net/ypops-win-0.8.3.exe

Execute next next next finish.

Open outlook express > tools > accounts > add > mail, type name next type e-mail address

Incoming mail server pop3 enter 127.0.0.1 in both incoming and outgoing mail fields. Type user name and password. This should get you to the window "Internet Accounts" Click the newly created account and click properties > in first filed type any name and fill in all junk there and valid e-mail too.

Click servers pop3 and smtp should be 127.0.0.1

Under outgoing mail server click the box which says "My server requires authentication" come to advance tab smtp should be 25 and pop3 should be 110 ( by default ) under delivery MAKE SURE YOU CHECK "Leave a copy on server" this will keep a copy of message on yahoo server"

OK < Close > Refersh.

jay4u

In the zone
thanks __Virus__ for the tutorial... and i didnt knew about the .in accounts... will definitely give it try... i use outlook 2003 on my all gmail accounts

ishaan

Padawan
i think even sourceforge.com had an app to get yahoo on pop3 without paying

but if u do that, using any app...even Ypops which __Virus__ suggested...its ILLEGAL

ishaan

Padawan
they mita put it by mistake

but any method u use 2 bypass yahoo's limitation in their free service and u try to gain sum of their premium services without paying will be illegal

Netjunkie

In the zone
I dont feel its illegal because the application is only emulating a POP3 server & if it was really illegal it wouldnt have been in business all these years.

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
ishaan said:
they mita put it by mistake

but any method u use 2 bypass yahoo's limitation in their free service and u try to gain sum of their premium services without paying will be illegal

1. What version of windows do you use dood ?

Yahoo! Mail disabled free access to its POP3 service o­n 24th April, 2002. This application emulates a POP3 server and enables popular email clients like Outlook, Netscape, Eudora, Mozilla, etc., to download email from Yahoo! accounts. We do not go against the license agreements of Yahoo! Mail. This application is completely legitimate and well within the realms of legal software.[/b]

How do we do it you ask? Well, this application is more like a gateway. It provides a POP3 server interface at o­ne end to talk to email clients and an HTTP client (browser) interface at the other which allows it to talk to Yahoo

Hope that answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom