Yahoo! IM offline messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

godsownman

Padawan
Hello ,

Can anybody please help me as to re-enabling the offline messages feature.

I dont know how but they seem to have got disabled.

When I tried all the other accounts of my family on the same PC they received their offline messages.

Can somebody please help me for re-enabling them in my account.

Even if you have a contact email address of Yahoo where I can ask them , please do post that here.

Regards.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I think in the new cersion 7, the offline messages r stored in Message Archive!

U can access them there.

If u hv not enabled Archive, u can enable in Y! preferences...

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
Thanks Vishal,

But I found out that its not only the offliners but the new addition requests also which are being blocked. The best part is I thought the Firewall had a role to play but its not so .As I said earlier all my family members accounts receive evertything , that is the offliners , new addition requests etc..........

So I thought that there is a problem with the account only.

Regard

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Then u can do one thing!

U can remove ur account settings in Yahoo! messenger:

Open regedit and nevigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Yahoo\Profiles

Under this key, u'll find nother key with ur Login ID, simply remove that key and yahoo! will remove all settings for that account and then u can again set ur preferences.

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
Thanks Vishal ,

I am going to try this right now. Hope it works . I was requiring something like this. Hope it works.

Regards

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
No Vishal ,

Unfortunately It did not work :( .

Anyway Thanks and sorry for the trouble . I appreciate it.

Regards

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
What my trick does is, it removes all settings for a particular profile in Yahoo! Messenger.

U told that all other profiles r working properly in same yahoo! messenger but not urs. Thats why i told u to do that.

But its strange that this trick is also not working.

Can't u uninstall Yahoo! and reinstall again?

Hope it'll work!!!

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
I have tried everything possible.

Actually you know what I even checked to see if I can get the offline messages using an online site which you can use to connect to Yahoo messenger.
It is www5.meebo.com.

But even that site did not allow. I cannot even receive requests from other new users when they want to add me.

So I think its a problem on the Yahoo server side. I have even uninstalled and re-installed it .

Anyway thanks for all your help.

By the way how did you learn about all these registry entries. Please do share it either here or via PM.

Regards and best wishes ,

Happy Diwali to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom