yahoo id hacked and hacker put family foto on geocity.help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
hello frnds..........
One of my frnd's yahoo ID has been hacked...and the hacker has put some family foto on geocity page of the hacked ID.He got the family foto from his yahoo album.

wht sud my frnd do...to stop publishing his family foto........plz help.

eddie

El mooooo
1) Try to get his/her account back by going through "Forgot password" routine. Change the password and secret question.
2) If don't remember the secret answer, contact Yahoo! (very little chance to work)
3) Learn your lesson not to use silly/easy passwords and never save family photos, that you don't want everyone in the world to see, on internet.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Well, it looks like some one [personal] who wants to embarass yr friend is doing such work, since no foolish hacker will waste his time on a hacked account creating a geocities page, they mostly look only for ways to earn/steal... So I guess its some one in his friend/other network...

OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
no ...he is nt a frnd..actually my frnd had some bad talk with him in a chat room...after that he said i will see u..
and my frnd think that person has done this...plz help.

SWEET SNEHA

Journeyman
woah........what a revenge.
But there is a very liittle chance of getting the p/w back since the hacker must hv changed the DOF and Secret Question(or its ans)

OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
yaa..u r right sneha...he has changed the secret question and other information..

I dont want the password back..i just wanna to stop publishing the family foto on the geocity site..

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
First try thier feedback method @yahoo.com and write a nice letter, not cr@ppy or unconvincing ones with loads of !!!'s and all, make the letter look professional and demanding. Send it in a couple of times if a bot keeps replying... If still no help then try the help of yahoo.co.in and pester them until they reply personally instead of a bot-like reply... If that too doesnt work, try finding the yahoo india phone nos... If that too doesnt work then here is your last resort. Look into the sidebar and you will know what to do...

Ps. Thanks to anubhav_har for the link...

OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
thanx a lot...i will try all the methods u have given....also thanx to anubhav_har fot this cool link..

Andyiz

Journeyman

Do u have that guys email-id?
If u do then try contacting him again enable Voice chat, try finding his Ip (use netstat).
Try finding where does he belong
Take legal action.

IF everthing fails then apologize and get the new password of ur account from him, Praise him for doing such a gr8 thing, then i am sure that he will remove the photos as well
the later one is the best option for u?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom