y does yahoo messenger s*ck these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
hi,

i am a totally disappointed guy with regard to the service of yahoo messenger... it logs out automatically periodically, signs in again, never sends the messages to the desired person... i ask him "are u there" no replies and after hours of a monologue, one message reaches him and he says "no other messages than this came to me"!!! and same thig happened with me too.. when my friend messaged! the offline messages come after i logged in and an hour went by where i actually discussed the message i sent as offline!!! this is really totally bugging yahoo! it s*cks... y the h*ll wud they hav a messenger which is good for nothing and then go on releasing new versions call them a sickening beta! i downloaded yahoo 7, the problem started i guess coz they wudnt allow to send files from older to newer versions and viceversa!! i hav also dl yahoo 7.5 hoping the problem wud solve... but i concluded "yahoo s*cks"... no one else face this problem?

/legolas

ishaan

Padawan
no dude yahoo rocks no probs in mine

u shud chek ur net connection...use it from a diff pc and itll b fine

r u using a firewall or a router? chek ur ports are they fine?

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
my my!! so its with me only!! what can be the problem? how do i know? my friend faces teh same problem... i hav no routers... the same conx which i had when the messenger worked fine... i use zonealarm firewall. no doubts of prbs reg. tat too!

/legolas

ishaan

Padawan
try reinstalling it then...and try and use some web messenger like start.e-messenger.net jus to chek if ur login works fine and if u can send msgs okay thru those

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
no network prbs! coz i am dl 24*7 got airtel unlimited conx. and i installed yahoo 7.5 beta only 2 days back to see if it solved my prbs, but not yet! and i hav to try that winsock thing alone.. amnt sure. hwo to go abt?

/legolas

Ravi+ish

Journeyman
Yeah.... i don't think I faced any prob with my YM ever!! BUT, except for once and even now!!! that.... i am not able to recieve offline msgs from anyone.... on ONE id!! The others are all fine!!!!
I posted my prob here... and i got quite a few suggestions!!! One did ectually work.... and my problem was fixed but not for LONG.. SOrry to say!! :( I got that problem AFTER for many days of use of 7Beta... and then that is carried on to... the 7!!

But, i am still not sure if it's the messenger or anything else!!!!
coz even trillian doesn't get me my offlines!!

HOWEVER, IN UR CASE... I THINK IT'S JUST UR PROB... NORMALLY THAT PROB. OCCURS WHEN YOU CONNECTION IS NOT CONTINUOUS!!!!

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
well i hav swtiched back to yahoo 6 to find where the prbs is... and reg. the connectivity i can guarantee u there's no prbs in my side.. coz i dl 24*7 as i said earlier.. even now i am.

/legolas

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
There is no problem with messy whatsoever here :) the one stupid problem I faced was receiving the offlines again and again and again god damn that sucked. Well till now no issues here. I highly recommend you to go for other chat client like the one from open source Gaim.

PS: u say you dl 24*7. What I make out is you download things 24*7, if its so then don't u think that might be slowing down the messy process.

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
virus, nope! i hav msn messenger too! and a google messenger now!! guess it shudnt be... atleast shud ping continuously!!

/legolas

nix

yMess does behave strange sometimes...i;ll be sending msgs then suddenly -Windows has encountered a unexpected error-yahoo messenger needs to close-
this happens quite often

hsksattish

Broken In
The same problem with yahoo messenger started for me too after i installed zone alarm 6.Sometime zone alarm shows an alert after several minutes .When i click "allow", all the messages are recieved in one single batch.Maybe zone alarm is the problem

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
d*mn yes, i think thats the reason! coz when i installed zonealarm and started yahoo... it said something like "yahoo is trying to monitor user activities like mouse monitoring etc.. bla bla" and i denied yahoo to do so! and i doubt that is the reason??? nywyas.. hell of confusion... u know wat.. i reverted to yahoo 6 now and no probs so far! :D yet to know if zonealarm is stil having rivals with yahoo! :D

/legolas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom