Xvid to VCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

psicryptor

Broken In
Hey all,

I have a lot of Xvids and need to convert them to VCD format and burn onto CD-RWs (to watch in TV using a standard DVD/VCD player).

I used WinAVI v7.1 to convert the Xvid to MPEG-1 format with the following settings:

Constant Video Quality - Medium,
Audio Sample Rate - 44100
Audio Bitrate - 192000
Target Format - AUTO
Size of Picture - Keep Original Size (608X336)
Preference by - Speed.

Now, far as i know these are pretty standard VCD settings but the almighty Nero Burning ROM burned me instead of the disk saying that there were problems with the video settings and that it had to re-encode again. Well, I said k and it took another goddamn 15 mins "re-encoding" the file. The best part is that the encoding event was completed at the 11th min but nero just kept going on even though the progress was 100%. I got tired of its antics and shut it down.
Now i've encoded the same Xvids using the very standard "to VCD" option in WinAVI. I added to Nero and it din find any probs. but im not sure if i should burn it cos will it work on a standard VCD player?

sakumar79

Technomancer
if you encoded it for VCD in WinAVI and Nero accepted it, there should not be a problem...

the best way to find that would be to burn a VCD and check it out.... One CD costs only 10 bucks, so why not give it a try...

Arun

OP
P

psicryptor

Broken In
hey in nero there is the initial slide and it only shows the first frame of the vid in small size, how do i completely customize the look of that frame?

dreams

Gracias Senor
Use VirtualDub to remove Audio Sync Problems and TMPGenc to convert to VCD Format..

I too had many DVD Print movies with me.. tought of makin it to VCD and didnt use any Coverters.. Juz used Nero and it would encode it of 1 1/2 hours and then write it to CD..

But the final output is bizarre.. total quality is lost.. then tried many s/w like WinAvi.. but the output was very bad.. atleast 10% of the quality was lost..

So tried a google search and got a solution for it.. now hv all the movies in VCD format and DVD Quality.. 100% perfect..

Thnx to VirtualDub n TMPGenc..

Reply bac if u need the steps how to use these two to get the quality..

vishalbhatia

Journeyman
sakumar79 said:
if you encoded it for VCD in WinAVI and Nero accepted it, there should not be a problem...

the best way to find that would be to burn a VCD and check it out.... One CD costs only 10 bucks, so why not give it a try...

Arun

The cheapest media i have seen is for only 5 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom