xvid files -no play

Status
Not open for further replies.

multi

lazy bone
I have recently downloaded a dvd-rip of a film.
It contains 1 sample file , & 2nd folder containing files numbering 001 to 049 (all with size of 14 mb) and there is file .sfv .
now, the sample file is playable, when i open the file 001 by right clicking on it , it shows me windows prompt where 2 options (use webservice to open or select the programme ) , I choose VLC to play it. The file played successfully. Now, whenever I try to open othere files from 002 to 049 , VLC can't play them.

I have K-lite codec so there won't any issue for codecs, I want to know that how to play this files ?
if these are numbered files , do they require some kind joining ?
tell me as I have no experience with such dvd rip . any 1 who has such ans plz give me ans , waiting for replys.

slugger

Banned
multi said:
2nd folder containing files numbering 001 to 049 (all with size of 14 mb) and there is file .sfv
wat u have there r files with extension 001 to 049 and not names 001 to 049. since there is a *.sfv file it means dat these files have been split most likely wit WinRAR, as dey r used 2 check split file integrity. So in order to rejoin dem u need to use WinRAR.
*www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar351.exe
Even after joining the files if they do not play make sure dat u had selected intallation of the XviD codec form the K-Lite Mega Codec pack
*web.volftp.tiscali.it/pub/pc/windows/winnt50/utility/graphic/video/klmcodec151.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom