Xvid Bitrate Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

anilthomas26

In the zone
Hi,
I am trying to convert DVD to XviD using the guide "Copy your DVD to XviD with AC3 surround sound"

*www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/copy_dvd_to_xvid.cfm

.In one of the step i need to calculate the citrate..so i downloaded the XviD bitrate calculator ..but it gives me some error message
.So i downloaded the "msstdfmt.dll" and copied it to windows\system directory and also installed "VBRun60sp5.exe".Then also i am getting the same error message
"Class not registered.You need the following file to be installed on your machine."msstdfmt.dll"

The movie length is(as seen in smart ripper): 1 hr 40 min 26 sec
The size of the movie is:1024 MB
The size of the AC3 file is 322 MB

Please give me the video bitrate(calculate using XviD bitrate calculator)

Thnx in advance

parthbarot

In the zone
bitrate cal is included in xvid itself i think...
and u can get many of them from www.doom9.org but u just cant get bitrate for ur need from any calc..
u need to test diff bitrates on a small part (say 5 or 10 MB) of ur movie...
mostly..select bitrate around 700 to 1000 in xvid if ur muvie is VCD/DAT/MPG (means non-DVD quality...) and mp3 96 kbps...

and if u have DVD files, then u can lower the bitrates of xvid...but u need to test it for quality on small parts...then comapring that u can judged it...and in future u can easily do the stuff...
so try to test for small part first...and if u like then only do for full muvie...ok?

for tutorials on xvid,VDUB,VDUBMod goto www.doom9.org
all the codecs and tools are explained.

47shailesh

Security Exp
use KLM-codec it comes it has a decent bitrate calculator. by default it dose'nt install u had to select it while installing kLM codec pack. ENJOY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom