xp,zone alarm or me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
i had zone alarm pro 5.5 and after geting continous popups for update to new version i finally decided to upgrade to zap 6. after installing i found out that kaspersky auto updates are not running.even after manually trying to update kav i was not successful. so i manually configured zap to give kav full acess but updating was not sucessful.

so i decided to roll back thru xp system restore. heres where all the panga started.during system restore the pc got hanged,i manually restarted it and now all i get is just the wall paper on booting and a popup that true vector servcice(zaps) has encountered a problem and will be shut down. the pc stays on that screen. :cry: :cry: :cry:

what can be the solution for this problem?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Try doing a repair installation of XP

well, if u can acess the desktop,jus delete the zone folder and try rebooting..

OP
mariner

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
well i cannot access desktop or nething.
tried repair but cudnt continue after pressing R. cud ya elaborate pls?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Do u get any errors whilst repairing ?

OHHH !
Not DOS repair but Install repair,
Do this when the option for press Enter to continue pops on the boot press Enter and XP will search existing windows OSes and then u will gett an oprion to either repair the existing one or to install a fresh copy choose R now !

Hope this helps !

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
try Safe Mode and uninstall ZA and KAV and delete all registry entries of ZA and KAV. Now reinstall both - first ZA then KAV.

OP
mariner

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
ok got it ! will try and if not sucessful will format and reinstall. thanx QM and NJS !!!

OP
mariner

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
ok qwerty i followed ur instruction and the xp was reinstalled. but i keep on geting the popup that true vector service has encountered some problem and will be shut down. zone alarm refuses to uninstall . now which all programs use true vector service apart from zap?

if i manually delete zap and reinstall will it work and accept the serial of my old version? or better wud be to uninstall both zap and kav as njs suggested?

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
It would be better to follow my solution as deleting ZAP alone manually may not correct problems with KAV. But still you delete ZA first. If everythings gets sorted then no need to remove KAV or remove both if problems in KAV still occur.

OP
mariner

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
ok navjot deleting zap now. lets see if kav works. the problem is i dont wanna loose all the definitions now cos they take long time update.

and yes formating and reinstalling is due now to remove all the kachra but actually i was waitng for sp3 so that i dont have to install xp again.

will tell u the results.

thanx

anandk

Distinguished Member
navjotjsingh said:
try Safe Mode and uninstall ZA and KAV and delete all registry entries of ZA and KAV. Now reinstall both - first ZA then KAV.

fully agree.
for deleting registry entries use ccleaner or registry mechanic.

rajat22

In the zone
First mistake you made, tried system restore without uninstalling zap.

Dont delete, uninstall it by add/remove programme in control panel.

Uninstall both, reinstall both, ZAP first. ksky to be installed with zap in the sys tray.

Check for any registry error with software like registry mechanic or registry first aid.

OP
mariner

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
rajat22 said:
First mistake you made, tried system restore without uninstalling zap.

Dont delete, uninstall it by add/remove programme in control panel.

Uninstall both, reinstall both, ZAP first. ksky to be installed with zap in the sys tray.

Check for any registry error with software like registry mechanic or registry first aid.

sorry mate looks like i was late to see ur post. neways i formatted and reinstalled everything again. all the kachra is gone and everything is the pc now running smooth as makkhan !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom