XP SP2: SAFE MODE...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
Nyone logged in to XPSP 2 SAFE MODE...

I did yesterday... and I was shocked... yuckkkkk! :x:x:x:x

Only 4-bit color display @ 320x resolution.... HUGE startmenu which was not even fit in my 17"... and all Graphic Options were disabled also... even it denied to go 800x600...

When it was XP SP1 one month ago Safe Mode used to be in 32 bit 800x600... and tht was cool....

Was this problem of the PC/PC's GFX I was using or it's happening everywhere...???

nybody checked XP SP2 Safe Mode recently ???

G

gxsaurav

Not a problem, even I m having it

This is due to the reason SP2 loads no drivers in Safe mode for VGA

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
OMG
well thats the very reason we say SAFE MODE
only the basic hardware drivers will be loaded
usually safe mode is used when u need to configure something which usually desnt happen in the normal mode
say suppose there is a certain spyware in you pc its starting up during booting of ur OS
u go thru taskmanager to disable it or rather deactivate
sometimes it wont happen
so u cant delete the file
so we need to get into this safe mode trace the .exe(spyware file)
and delete it
another example some hardware drivers say ut GPU card drivers get corrupted so u cant boot into the normal mode
get into this safe mode
and reinstall the GPU card
its almost like in earlier days we had dos
hope you got it that why safe mode looks so bad
:)

zenblue

Broken In
safe mode is basically a problem solving mode...the problems which cant be solved or traced in regular mode, safe mode is used to trace them and then solve it...be it hardware conflict or software compatibilty issues...while in safe mode very limited and basic set of drivers are loaded...its not a mode for daily work...i guess, net wont connect while in safe mode...most networking drivers arent loaded too...so, just relax, its normal to have low resolution and all that in safe mode..you wont be working in safe mode normally anyways..:)

ineo

Broken In
ShekharPalash said:
Nyone logged in to XPSP 2 SAFE MODE...

I did yesterday... and I was shocked... yuckkkkk! :x:x:x:x

Only 4-bit color display @ 320x resolution.... HUGE startmenu which was not even fit in my 17"... and all Graphic Options were disabled also... even it denied to go 800x600...

When it was XP SP1 one month ago Safe Mode used to be in 32 bit 800x600... and tht was cool....

Was this problem of the PC/PC's GFX I was using or it's happening everywhere...???

nybody checked XP SP2 Safe Mode recently ???
are you a first time MS-Windows user??

OP
ShekharPalash

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
ineo said:
are you a first time MS-Windows user??

Lol.. well I'm not first time Win User... actually I was surprised when I saw that ugly 4-bit color display whether it used to be quite nice 32-bit when it was XP SP1 on the same PC.
Yeah I know Safe Mode means all multimedia disabled... but first time when I logged into XP SP2 Safe Mode... it was YUCCCKKKK !!!... ;-)

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
my safe mode is in 16-bit colour display
and i changed the resolution into 1024*768
but its utterly slow in that resolution
intrestingly im not able to change it back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom