Status
Not open for further replies.

satya_gen

Broken In
My conf:
----------------------------------------------------
AMD-64 3000+ (939 socket)
MSI RS480M2-IL motherboard.
512 MB - Single DDR Transend RAM 400 FSB (PC 3200)
80GB - Seagate SATA Hard disk
OS- Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I did the following things,
I installed XP prof. with SP2(Ver.2149)
After that, I removed SP2 old only(not format my HD) and I installed latest SP2(Network Installation Package for IT Professionals and Developers)
pls tell me is it good or not?

My question is,
Is there any chances to damege the windows XP now?
Can i continue with this, or I have to format my C: drive again and install fresh XP and SP2.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
shouldnt couse any problem... but might slow u down a bit... but yes if u have time to spare... & no other job & realy want evry single drop of performance... then Slipstreem the SP2 in the XP installetion disk... then install it...

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
What is the latest version of sp2? Ist it available in digit cd/DVD? If so in which month? Has norton System Works 2005 got any issue with sp2?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
shivaranjan.b said:
What is the latest version of sp2? Ist it available in digit cd/DVD? If so in which month? Has norton System Works 2005 got any issue with sp2?

yes there r version of SP2 (like prerelise RC1, RC2) but its the final relise what is MS suppling now...

Windows XP Service Pack 2

u can order a free CD from there....

there shouldnt b any problem with Norton System Works 2005... rather it should run better than pre SP2 config.... so get that SP2 install...

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
I think i saw it in some digit dvd but i donot remember it in which, Can you tell me in digit magazine was it available an what version?

aadipa

Padawan
satya_gen said:
I did the following things,
I installed XP prof. with SP2(Ver.2149)
After that, I removed SP2 old only(not format my HD) and I installed latest SP2(Network Installation Package for IT Professionals and Developers)
pls tell me is it good or not?

My question is,
Is there any chances to damege the windows XP now?
Can i continue with this, or I have to format my C: drive again and install fresh XP and SP2.

Since u had a beta version of SP2, it is better if you make a clean install of Windows and install SP2. It will be even better if you update your WinXP CD to have SP2 integrated in it. Post here if you want any help on it.

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
At last i have downloaded that monsterous sp2 from the MS site...

Tommorrow going to install it. After installing i will give me my feedback..

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Haha !
The Os takes an hour to install...
And u r talkin bout slipstreamin ?
It doesnt update ur Os, jus the CD...

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
Now guys going to install sp2. So what should i disable my antivirus and firewall while installing....

I use Norton system works 2005 and Sygate 5.5.

Because one of my friends just tried installing sp2 and his NAV crashed....

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
Huzefa said:
mariner said:
slipstreaming sp2 with pro will get rid of all ur problems.

Whats slipstreaming sp2 ? How was the SP2 installation

just refer the link given by geekysage. paul thurot gives the best tuts on xp pro. format and reinstall the slipstreamed xp pro with sp2.

believe me its very easy even for a novice like me !!!

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Well, SP2 has greater security features and offers the system more stability. HOwever, it is recommended that you must have atleast 256 MB RAM and of course a good and fast processor for SP2 or Windows will slow down and your work may be hampered. Of course, SP2 has compatibility problems with many old programs. However, the latest versions of NAV and all other good quality softwares are SP2 compatible...

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Well, SP2 has greater security features and offers the system more stability. HOwever, it is recommended that you must have atleast 256 MB RAM and of course a good and fast processor for SP2 or Windows will slow down and your work may be hampered. Of course, SP2 has compatibility problems with many old programs. However, the latest versions of NAV and all other good quality softwares are SP2 compatible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom