xp sp2 full of holes

Status
Not open for further replies.

prabhatmohit

Journeyman
Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) has ten unpatched vulnerabilities, a U.S. security firm said Thursday. Microsoft, however, ardently disputed the claims and said that they were "potentially misleading and possibly erroneous."
Although Microsoft has said several times that SP2 is its most secure OS, Finjan's spotting of 10 vulnerabilities didn't come as a surprise to Aditi. "Any operating system has its holes, and SP2 is no exception. It's not bulletproof."

vISIT
*www.phpbbforfree.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15&mforum=webdex

TO VIEW THE FULL ARTICLE

lavan_joy

Journeyman
SP2 with holes...mm..then they will release Sp3.
But the PC speed is better than before after installing SP2

swatkat

Technomancer
Some old Digit "backbyte" joke which goes like this (or something like this)....
99 bugs,1 fixed,recompiled...101 new bugs..

M

munim

hey guys i was reading another computer magazine which had conducted tests on different operating systems on security and reliability before and after applying latest service packs. tests included windows XP sp2, redhat linux enterprise edition, mac os(the latest one i forgot the name) and a few others. it shows the without sp2, windows is pretty screwed up but after sp2, it seems ***windows is the most secure system***.<-- believe it or not, linux lovers!!
so guys windows xp sp2 is the best we have in our hands, why complain? i am not a microsoft fan. infact i am an avid user of linux. but the article says the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom