1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

XP SP1 TO SP2 CONVERSION

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by Rahul Verma, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rahul Verma

Rahul Verma New Member

When i purchased this computer i had sp1 installed in it. Thereafter i installed Longhorn transformation pach from Chip or Digit magzines Software cd. Now whenevr i uninstall Longhorn it asks for sp1 cd Which i haven't got bcoz my computer vendor had provided me sp2 cd.Whenever i try to upgrade sp1 to sp2 from this cd a message appears C:\BOOT.INI not found due to which i m not able to upgrade my sp1 to sp2. So kindly suggest me the solutions.

2. OP
    OP
    Rahul Verma

Rahul Verma New Member

Kindly tell me how would i go from sp1 to sp2

3. ECE0105

ECE0105 New Member

Just use the Sp2 which is found in a Digit DVD to upgrade your system to SP2. I think that the Autopatcher XP is also a good way to do it.

If the problem is not resolved, Since you already have a complete WIndows XP sp2 CD with you, just insert the CD to start the Installation process and then Press R to start the recovery process.

This should hopefully resolve the issue...........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.