Xp restart when connected to internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

vijaythefool

In the zone
what can i do to solve this this displays a message that some crap nt ......
and windows will now restart and a count down begins....

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
man that is the rpc virus. i guess u have not put sp2 in XP, correct?
ok u need to remove it, it is a blaster virus. temp removal can b done, gone to control panel and in the advance setting put restarting option off, and that it . now, put the blaster patch.

dude u r done now, hope i have cleared ur problem! even i got this problem, and now it is done.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
msblast or its big-b :shock: , install the service pack 2 or install the ms blast patch from xp site

techie_it

Broken In
Yeah its the RPC Message with 1 minute CountDown for Shut Down ....With Sp1 , it does not get patched, Install Sp2 or DownLoad The Patch from Windows Update Site ....

[deXter]

Journeyman
Please install Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). A service pack is a collection of all updates, security hotfixes, plus new features, all bundled into a single package. So its like your are upgrading your OS to a newer, better, faster, and more secure version.

SP2 is around 266 MB, and its available for downloading from the microsof site. A smaller version is also available on Windows Update. But if you are on dialup, you might want to either order the SP2 CD (free of cost), or get it from last month's (september) Digit issue.

Btw, you do not have a choice, I mean, SP2 its not just any program that you may wish to install or not. It is a recommend install, meaning which all XP users MUST install SP2, for your own good...

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/dextersgenius/signature1.gif

BharatPremi

Right off the assembly line
I had the same problem but when scanned with a bootable antivirus cd, it detected and removed the worm. It was Sasser in my case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom