xp pro sp2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
i recently installed xp pro with sp2 slipstreamed .]
*img46.exs.cx/img46/2590/props.jpg

but i have been receiving msgs frm microsoft thru auto update that sp2 needs to be installed .

*img37.exs.cx/img37/2614/prop1.jpg

now why is that ??

leech

Broken In
What you have there is still a build

Service Pack 2, v 2149.

When the full version for consumer releases by 16th Sep. you will only see Service pack 2.

Since it is downloading some of the updates it will show SP2. I think you will just need 75 MB more to download. I suggest just wait till the full comsumer release comes out

OP
mariner

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
what about the sp2 in september issue ? should i install that or wait till the 16th of september?

N

nipun_the_gr8

Hey ! leech, is XP SP2 in the Sep. issue of digit full or it is justa build ???

theraven

Technomancer
if the cd says rc anywhere then its just a build ...
the final release of sp2 is build 2600
and the final is very much out ...

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
yes i have the xp2 loaded on my machine (and on 20 machines in our lab) i got the cd from microsoft. it is good and till now i have had only one problem this was that when we had enabled zone alarm to auto load at boot time there seemed that a type of deadlock occured and the pc would hang once we removed zone alarm from autoload the machines are working perfectly.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
yes just call there office (and be polite... goodmorning mam .....student....please........help.........thany you .......gratefull....)

OP
mariner

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
well cthulhu they do send it to u by courier and free of cost . i just send my request today. wait i will search for that link and post again.

OP
mariner

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
ok guys heres the link

*www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/...us/default.mspx

courtesy rushabht
tef

N

nipun_the_gr8

U can order a Windows XP Service Pack 2 CD by clickin' Here : *www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

JAK

What the Heck !
cthulhu said:
they don't call u or show up at your doorsteps, do they?

Nope..

I had ordered the Sp1 CD from Microsoft...(I got 2 CDs in the pouch..1 is SP1 n updates and the other was some stupid antivirus n firewall)

I hav already ordered the SP2 CD and waitin for it...

N

nipun_the_gr8

not sure cause i ordered a cd and they sent it for free and i'm usin' Windows XP -- Pirated -- with xp sp2 Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom