!!!! XP loading query...... (Wierd)....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipen01

Youngling
hey there..

It is really a wierd question.. but though couldnt resist posting here..

Do any of u guys have idea how to change the color on the loading screen of Win Xp Pro or Win Xp home..
i guess u didnt get it.. actually the 3 blue rectangles in which move while loading in Xp pro and ...green ones in XP home...
Seriously if any of ya have idea pls lemme know an trying to change thier color since long...

pls dont mind if u think this as a baseless question.. this was just out of curiosity....

Cheers..
Dipen

Charley

Just Do It
Try the links to answer the query

*www.tweakxp.com/userinterface_tweaks.aspx

*www.winxpsolution.com/ConfigDisplayXPHome.aspx

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
whoa man...

thankx for the link.. but its a damn big list.. and my query is differnt..so couldnt find any thread related to it there...
it will be reallt gr8 if u could get specifical... thread.. as u understood what actually i need... anyways... thanx..

Cheers...
Dipen

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
hey guys..

@slam::--- buddy my config is PIII 64 SD RAM 1GHZ... and am running win Xp with sp2... :shock: :( :( it takes whooping 5 min to boot ... and then u want me to install style XP... :( :( :lol: :lol: man seriously ur kidding... I will die if i install Style XP..anyways.,.. buddy thankx...

Any other suggestions are really welcomed...

Cheers...
Dipen

Slam Team

Journeyman
U can change the login screen from that software.. it is light on ur computer btw. Jus configure the login screen. If u r not satisfied with the default login screen. jus download the theme u like from www.themexp.org . and don't worry abt winxp slowing down cuz its natural .. @ 64 mb how do u expect xp to run properly.. but anyway if u disable the xp services that u don't need and run xp on classic theme.. it will run without lags. If u don't even want style xp . Download Aston from *www.astonshell.com/files/aston.zip and download the themes. Aston is jus for the look of ur desktop. and not for the login screens. Enjoy buddy.. Any querries .. me or our buddies @ thinkdigit forum will reply.

theraven

Technomancer
style xp definitely lighter than some other softwares available out there
anyways since u need it for one specific purpose only use boot xp from stardock.com
its free and easy to use

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Hmm....dipen what ur sayin is that u want to change only the Loading screen colour....meaning those blocks that move From right to left below The Windows Xp logo right.....the Links that all these ppl suggested up above are for a whole makeover of ur Boot up screen and hence rendering em Memory hungry...Plus Style Xp will Renovate ur entire desktop screen AFAIK :(

Plus 64MB Sd Ram is too low mate conidering u even running Xp on it is a Big Miracle....Plus Dun go for such software in this case as it will Lag ur Pc's performance even more :(

theraven

Technomancer
lol bootxp doesnt run on every start up
u run it once
set ur boot screen and leave it
thats it
u dun have to run it ever again till u have to change the boot screen
its not a memory residint program

even style xp has an option to run without any resources

u can create the default bootscreen and then change the progress bar file for changing the color
its very simple

Tech&ME

Banned
Well! there must be some real way to do that, since the release of SP2 in computer running HOME EDITION of XP, the GREEN color for that bars has now been changed to BLUE.

That means it can be changed, when Microsoft can change it this way, there must be some real trick to do that , some registry trick or something similar. Though I could not lay my hands on this trick as of now but am working on it now, hope I find an answer for it for you.

Btw. with that config of yours, don't install STYLE XP it will further slow down your PC.

Slam Team

Journeyman
allwyndlima said:
Plus 64MB Sd Ram is too low mate conidering u even running Xp on it is a Big Miracle....Plus Dun go for such software in this case as it will Lag ur Pc's performance even more :(
Hey if he wants looks then he shud give up speed
if he wants speed then giveup the looks. I have seen ppl running it on 128mb but this is ridiculous. XP needs atleast 64mb jus for graphics itself.

Slam Team

Journeyman
Tech&ME said:
Well! there must be some real way to do that, since the release of SP2 in computer running HOME EDITION of XP, the GREEN color for that bars has now been changed to BLUE.

That means it can be changed, when Microsoft can change it this way, there must be some real trick to do that , some registry trick or something similar. Though I could not lay my hands on this trick as of now but am working on it now, hope I find an answer for it for you.

Btw. with that config of yours, don't install STYLE XP it will further slow down your PC.
Sure man.. I tried googling for the software to edit the login screens of windows but was unable to do that... Me 2 watin for a s/w to do the same.

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
Tech&ME said:

i agree this.. coz as the color of the blocks for Home edition even changes to blue... .so there must be any trick in registry to change that color (color of thos blocks).. what say?? even i googled it but no chance i guess..

it will be gr8 if anyone fo u fnd out...

@slam:-- buddy ill try the style Xp coz now as u all are saying that iw wont eat more resources... i guess ill give a try and let u know...

@raven :-- buddy with will boot xp be able to edit the login screens or wil it install its login screens...

anyways.. waiting for that trick...

Cheers..
Dipen

Slam Team

Journeyman
I once tried Boot XP and then got my login screen screwed.. I had to restore the Logonui.exe from the xp cd. My best suggestion for u is to backup ur logonui.exe to a cd .. in case if anything goes wrong.

theraven

Technomancer
arrghhh !!
ok
the MS way is to directly edit the .exe file
which is ntoskrnl.exe
the edit that file directly !!
as for bootxp im using it since over a year now and u have no problems

and yeah it can install the files
but u can edit the .ini files to edit the bootscreen as well !
cheers

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
hey guys...

@raven : -- hey raven do u think... theres any way out.. i mean do u think that with the help of resource hacker or other exe editing software ull be able to change it..

lemme know....

Anways...

Cheers..
Dipen

theraven

Technomancer
yup .. but its dangerous messing with reshacker and ur system files if u dunno what ur doing
follow my instructions in any post above .. trust me ull be fine

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
hey..

ill surely try BOOT XP but wanna try only changing the rectangular blocks.. to other color... thats.. what..

anyways,,,thanx..

Cheers..
Dipen

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
hey slam..

buddy where can i find these files.. in C:\Windows ( i guess)... coz i know if i dont back up and something happens.. it will get messed up..
by bad luck if something happens then ill just need to replace these two files... thats it??... rite..??

so lemme know the locations or ill search them....

anways.. whenever u find the trick to main problem.. lemme know...

thanx...

Cheers...
Dipen

BTW this is my 100th post.... :roll: :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom