XP doesnt load normally, also hangs at mup.sys

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrux

In the zone
I have witnessed this problem's at my aunt's place , now the same problem is at my friend's place
Every few days, even after a proper shutdown , Windows XP doesnt load normally. it simply hangs on the windows logo screen , and then the menu which appears after a unsual shutdown appers. Normal load doesnt load neither the last known config works. Safe mode hangs at mup.sys

This happens once every week and i was like embarassed when i couldnt eliminate the problem completely at my aunt's place
The same thing happens at friend place. Here at the hardware configs of my aunt's and friend's
Aunt : P4 2.8Ghz with HT (478 pins socket), Intel 915 Gav board,Seagate 160 Gb sata, Transcend 512 Mb, LG cd-rw,floppy drive
friends place : P4 2.26 + Intel 845 board,twinmos 512 Mb, WD 80 GB hdd, Nec cd-rw and dvd rom,floppy
He is also facing the same problem with and old config : P3 + Intel 815e mobo+ 128 sd ram + same hdd,same cd-rw

So i have a doubt with the hdd .. Is there any performance tool that i could use to detect for errors

Also , i have a feeling that the cd-rw could cause some driver issue , so am thinking of disconnecting the cd-rw drive and try booting

So , if any body has suffered a similar problem then please to post here

shantanu

Technomancer
go for a dos based registry repair program avalable at download.com

its just a registry problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom