Status
Not open for further replies.

sagar_coolx

Journeyman
hey guyz.my system is:athlon 64 3200+,
2*512 mb transcend ram,
geforce 6600,
segate 160 gb hdd. (sata)
now sometimes,while xp is loading it takes a lot of time.
usually,my system takes around 30 secs to boot up,bu sometimes in the main loading screen of xp,it takes whole 3-4 minutes!! the progress bar stops for sometime and resumes after some time.
i am very irritated by this.
this happens only in the main loading window.once i reach the login window.everything happens in a jiffy!
has any one of u faced this problem?does any one know the solution?i am helpless right now.
i scanned my system with spybot,but it came up with nothing. so what can it be??please......help me out:confused: :confused: :confused: :mad:

Last edited:

sknowonweb

Journeyman
It is a MS bug , happens to me .
I got it when i edited the pagefile size and/or change my drivers and/or change something in my BIOS.
And for the worst part , this prob solved automatically , similarly as i thought the way it appeared .

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@sagar_coolx

1st make sure that u have a signle page file also that is not too big (around 1024MB)... make sure it is not in the OS root drive....

Defrag ur OS root drive... try to be in NTFS...

also some time when u installed some thing windows takes time to load after that reboot, so if the auto update is turned on, system may be updating and installing updates... so make sure that is not the case...

also it seems to me a new system... but still it is always good to clean the RAM slots properlly... some time this also helps...

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Defragment your drive regularly and I also recommend scandisk..Its a very good tool and solves most of the problems..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom