XP acted strange!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

La_Scorpione

Right off the assembly line
one fine i woke up and on waking up my pc i found that it got to the xp boot screen without any problems until it started to restart on its own. i tried safe mode, last good config even cmd prmpt but nothing worked and i couldn't get inside xp, so i had to format the whole partition and reinstall xp.everything is working fine now but i am not able to make out what happened that day.could any of u help me!!!

vwad

In the zone
The ghost of computer must have entered your PC.

Just kidding :D:D

Must be something related to vulnarability things.

Do u have latest updates installed ?

iinfi

mekalodu
hey .. even one of my friend's staying in Mulund,Bombay had a similar problem ..... i had gone to his place ..... and we had no options but to format his PC ..... and reinstall the OS ... he had winXP without SP1/SP2 ..

what abt ur PC La_Scorpione ???

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Its very difficult to guess what could have gone wrong that day, especially since you have formatted and reinstalled Windows XP and erased all trace of the problem. It could have been anything from a virus to a SMPS problem. If its the former, you may not see it again if you are careful and apply the latest updates and keep your computer secure. If its the latter, you are bound to see it again. The problem, I am afraid, can range anywhere in between, between the two extremes. No definite answer can be guessed at after the problem has been fixed.

A

anurag_online

I think I know

Hey bro i had the same prob 3-4 months back... @ time the prob was with my RAM... My hardware vendor replaced it n now my pc is working fine...

Note one thing that i have formated my PC due to same prob as it occured 4 times and then i moved to my hardware vendor so please make sure your RAM is fine otherwise change it.

rajas

In the zone
dude, as enoonmai said it would not be possible to give a straight answer to it as it could be with WinXP and with ur H/W. as you have reformatted the sys, make sure you apply the SP2 and later updates.

Also watch out the behavior for a couple of weeks.

OP
L

La_Scorpione

no guys i've got sp2, i've got norton 2004 all updated!!i've got no proms with my RAM everythings was ok!!!until then!!!

BONZI

Journeyman
My two guess

1) If your PC is Old there could be damage in the capacitors. Just check if it has bulged at the top.
2) If it is new. mak sure that it is not working at high temps.

OP
L

La_Scorpione

no mone ente pc atnlon 64 annu use chheyunathu, its one of the latest and i keep upgrading it in every 6 months!!!

BONZI

Journeyman
Just because you have a new pc it dosent necessarily mean that its working under the allowed temp. Look (I guess you r frm kerala), the air temp is about 40 degrees here :(

Anyway that is just a guess.

technoteen

Journeyman
well the problem is with improper shutdown
happened to me as well, i powered off my ups before the system was completely off
the it kept restarting as well

i then tried few things like pausing it every screen and found that it was my hard disk giving problem, the system was having trouble accesing it partition information

i just popped in my xp cd and used scandisk from it, it repaired the error and my system worked fine after that

A

anurag_online

La_Scorpione said:
no guys i've got sp2, i've got norton 2004 all updated!!i've got no proms with my RAM everythings was ok!!!until then!!!

It is still possible that your RAM is creating problem as i faced it after 20-25 days for three times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom