XFX Still Stuck With 66.93 Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kannan

In the zone
I have this XFX GeForce PCX 5750 with 256 MB DDR. *members.shaw.ca/wenpigs/misc_expressions/goodheart.gif

Nvidia has released the 71.89 drivers *members.shaw.ca/wenpigs/happy/smile.gifand this XFX is still stuck with 66.93 drivers *members.shaw.ca/wenpigs/confused/wtf.gif.

I have tried the 70.xx series of drivers and found the Colin McRae Rally 3 game very jerky *members.shaw.ca/wenpigs/yes_no/no1.gif. But with the 66.93 the game play is smooth. *members.shaw.ca/wenpigs/yes_no/yes2.gif

Does anybody has a similar GPU of mine. *members.shaw.ca/wenpigs/aiwan1/pilot.gif

What are the features added in the latest Nvidia drivers ? *members.shaw.ca/wenpigs/aiwan2/unsure.gif

I am thinking of playing UT2004. But will this new driver add any feature ? *members.shaw.ca/wenpigs/aiwan2/blink.gif

The problem why I am not trying the latest drivers is that, when ever I install the latest drivers (70.xx) it's a jerky game play. Then I try to revert or re-install the old 66.93 driver and game still is jerky. *members.shaw.ca/wenpigs/aiwan1/meeting.gif

Sourabh

Laptoping
well dun u think u r wasting time making ur post full of smilies

dude cmon , this is crossing the limits, excess of everything is bad

9x3 Kb images = more than a siggy which were removed so that pages would load faster

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
First off, I can understand the smilies, but you're going a bit overboard, and I am person that is known to use a lot of them. As for the NVIDIA drivers, the Release 70 enhancements over the Release 65 enhancements are so little and targeted exclusively at the higher 6x00 series cards, and you are much better off with your older drivers. None of the newer features are geared towards the FX series cards, those were abandoned after the extensive updates the R55/60/65 drivers made.

anishcool

TE God
Dude, do you know that a certain set of drivers are made for a certain set of cards ???

Using 6x drivers for a GeForce 2 will be useless, similarly using 7x drivers for 5x cards will be useless too. At a certain stage you cannot expect your card to give you 6800 performance.

My suggestion, use the 6x drivers and be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom