Status
Not open for further replies.

melvinchacko

Right off the assembly line
shud i get a XFX GeForce 6600GT AGP 128MB DDR3 or
a gainward BLISS 6600GT 128MB TV DD?
i am only considering the cards on a performance basis and not on the matter of
cost.
does getting a gainward card really worth it or should i stick to the conventional xfx card.
looking forward for replies...

rohan

In the zone
Basically.. i would say that you go for XFX because i'm a die-hard fan of XFX. But gainward also gives some better performance. Even the BIG cards are good. I don't know if it is a board company or what it is. I've just read the BIG on the card boxes and found them to perform well.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
why not Leadtek???even lead is very gud..if not better then atleast equivalent to XFX.Well i'll suggest u leadtek..LEADTEK>XFX>GAINWARD>BIG(NO NO).

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well ... XFX has better support i think ... moreover .. those 6600GT's are found to be very great oc'ers ... i had my agp one running at 585/1195 stable ...

santu_29

Journeyman
When we speak of whats better it mean the hardware, outside a company is said to be good or bad depending on quality and Support provided, something we indians are always deprived of. so outside as far as i know, gainward leads and not xfx, but does it matter here in India. well i have an xfx card with no problems for the last 2 years.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
XFX is the option for us Indians, simply because of the support network here. Otherwise if BFG or Evga were available here, then surely I would have opted for BFG over XFX.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
GAINWARD ...its the baap of all nvidia cards .. unfortunately its support is poor in india (thanks to mediatech).. but if u want perfomance then nothing beats gainward.

where are u getting the 6600gt BLISS from gainward btw ?? and what price ? plz lemme know.

The BLISS cards have some excellent reviews. but their pricing is high.

EDIT : is this the link for the BLISS 6600GT ?
*www.gainward.net/products/product.php?products_id=23

if yes then go for it ...but whats the price ??

Last edited:

supersaiyan

In the zone
go for gainward dude cause i remember that when the 6600gt was first released they was a shoot out conducted on anandtech. they had 6600gts of the following companies-
gainward,xfx,leadtek,evga,bfg,albatron
and in that the gainward one was a golden sample. and it had the highest scores followed by albatron,leadtek and a close competition between evga and bfg. xfx was behind. the only reason probably people buy the 6 series from xfx is that they cost less as compared to others. but if u look carefully u would see that neither gainward nor xfx give the best price to performance ratio. its leadtek. so if u can find a leadtek dealer gud for u otherwise go for gainward. do pm the number of the leadtek dealer if u find one!

OP
M

melvinchacko

Right off the assembly line
gainward 6600gt 256 MB AGP cost 230$(app.)
gainward BLISS 7600gt 256MB (Golden Sample) PCI-E cost 370$(app.)
thinking of buyig the card from the U.A.E....

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well ... all companies have some factory oc'ed models. . XFX has GE , XT or XXX (no 6600GT XXX though) ... Gainward has GS etc ....

Considering Indian market ... i'd always say XFX .. they have the most penetration ... and no matter where ur .. u can get a XFX card ... which implies to a better after sales supports ..

And performance wise XFX is not bad either .. but it's finally down to the overall machine config.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom