XFX 7600GT AGP or Leadtek 7600GT AGP

Status
Not open for further replies.

g_goyal2000

Youngling
Hi Guys.
I'm planning to buy a new AGP card in place of my old nVidia 5200 AGP.
I have decided on a nVidia 7600 GT based AGP card cos it's better then 7800GS, cheap & available. And also cheaper than an ATI x1950 which I would die for. XFX & Leadtek are the only ones who make 7600 GT based AGP cards.
So, which one should I buy?
An XFX 7600GT or a Leadtek 7600GT?
What's their warranty terms in India? Any authorized service centre in New Delhi?

OP
g_goyal2000

g_goyal2000

Youngling
Are you telling that according to the company's reputation or the product?
Would really help if I get a detailed info about u'r decision.

yogi_7272

Broken In
i have seen quite a few reviews of leadtek 7600 gt agp online .. all of those recommended it .. faster than 7800 gs ..

not seen any review of xfx one ..

in case of xfx..after sale support will be better .. but i would i go for a card which is cheaper.. :)
what are the prices quoted ?

Kniwor

Learner
If no more Info is given, Leadtek usually makes better cards, I'd go with it. Most probably u are looking at the most basic versions of those cards, in any case, I'd go with Leadtek

vivek404

Broken In
are XFX 7600GT AGP or Leadtek 7600GT AGP available in India(Mumbai preferably)?, if yes, where & at what prices?

OP
g_goyal2000

g_goyal2000

Youngling
What are the after-sales support options on both the cards?
Well, in Nehru Place, Delhi, I was told nvidia 7600 for about 8000-8500.
What I don't know is that whether it's GT or GS.
Also, don't what company he was offering cos the card wasn't on display & he said that he'll get me one.
Will be going tomorrow to Nehru Place again. Will clarify the details then.

vivek404

Broken In
@ g_goyal2000

7600GT agp were not available in mumbai some 2 mnths ago(last time i checked). hope u do find them in delhi. the GT cards are have a huge improvement over thier GS siblings. i too am interested in buying one 7600GT agp.

OP
g_goyal2000

g_goyal2000

Youngling
If I get a GS, then I would buy 7800GS.
If I get a GT, then I would buy 7600GT cos 7600GT is better than 7800GS. 7600GT delivers better performance than 7800GS.

You should all check out this link:
*www.tomshardware.com/2007/02/01/agp-platform-analysis/page3.html

Last edited:

Sand

Broken In
^^is the 7600GTagp is as good as the pcie? I know pice is better but what i mean is is the xfx company good in agp cards?

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
Sand said:
^^is the 7600GTagp is as good as the pcie? I know pice is better but what i mean is is the xfx company good in agp cards?
Yes XFX branded products are very good even in AGP version cards.

Kniwor

Learner
caleb said:
Definately XFX 7600 GT ... I use the same card but PCI-e version.
and how exactly does that make it better than the other card, u use the card does not mean it's the best

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
Kniwor said:
and how exactly does that make it better than the other card, u use the card does not mean it's the best
Me using the card does not make it better but I vouch for the performance of 7600GT instead of 7800GS...my nephew uses 7800GS, after comparing the two is how I decided to go with 7600GT . Also pls note that I did not claim that me using 7600GT makes it the "best"...the word "best" or "better" was not used in my post you are referring to...pls read the post carefully.

vivek404

Broken In
g_goyal2000 said:

What I don't know is that whether it's GT or GS.
Also, don't what company he was offering cos the card wasn't on display & he said that he'll get me one.
Will be going tomorrow to Nehru Place again. Will clarify the details then.

@g_goyal2000, so did u manage to find any AGP GTs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom