Status
Not open for further replies.

letsbefrends_2001

Right off the assembly line
i installed a XFX5200 card in my intel 865 GBF and it keeps giving some error message saying thet the new hardware is not installed properly etc... it then starts dumping physical memory on the hard drive.
please help me

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
welcome to the forum mate. First check if the card is inserted properly making sure it slots in perfectly. Second try using someone elses card into the AGP slot and see if it still gives errors. 3rd try slotting in your card into some other system and see if it works. The last two will tell you if the card is the issue or not. If it is so then take it back to the dealer and get another one assuming it is still within the warranty period.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
this belongs to the H/W section..

well as far as ur prob.. if the new hardware is not installed properly plz reinstall it with the drivers u got along with it.. if not search up on nvidia site and get the latest driver for your os

*www.nvidia.com

gamefreak14

Journeyman
Well if you see the display onscreen, it means your AGP is seated properly. If it dumps physical mem to the HDD...could be that you need new drivers / IRQ conflict ? Reset your BIOS to factory settings, clean boot. And post the result.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Well seems a driver issue, Start ur PC in safe mode and install the latest nvidia drivers

and restart ur PC to check if everythings allrite now

Is this the first time that u r getting the dumping the physical memory to hdd?? mebbe it cod be due to some other reason

first check with the drivers

OP
L

letsbefrends_2001

Right off the assembly line

well i did that. i even formatted my computer and reloaded winXp, but the problem keeps recurring. it seems that when the card gets heated up it messes up for if i shut down the PC for some time and then reboot, it works fine for sometime and then starts all over again.

Sourabh

Laptoping
well make sure u have atleast a 350 W PSU of local make to run ur fx5200 also make sure that ur system is properly ventilated

if u have space for 80mm fans, make sure u buy urself the fan

bundle all the cables that create a mess and block air passage with a rubber band

its most probably an overheating problem, damn the fx5200 doesnt have a cooler fan

gamefreak14

Journeyman
1. Open the motherboard cover when your pc is running and ensure that the onboard AGP fan is running fine with no hitches.
2. Have you installed your mobo drivers? Please post the exact words you see @ BSOD.
2. Install win 98 and run a 3dmarks/Doom 3. See if your pc is running well.
This will help you to troubleshoot where the problem actually lies.

@Sourabh -My card has a fan :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom