Xbox 360 Price-Cut Tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathik

Google Bot
The Financial Times Germany (German) published a story saying that Microsoft will cut the price for the Xbox 360 on Monday across Europe.

The Xbox 360 Arcade is supposed to sell for only 199 Euro instead of 280 Euro. A 199 Euro Xbox 360 would be 50 Euro cheaper than a Nintendo Wii.

The Xbox 360 Pro would also see a price-cut to 299 Euro (349 Euro now).
If Microsoft is indeed cutting the Xbox 360 prices in Europe on Monday, I would not see a reason why they would not do the same in the United States. The Xbox 360 Arcade sells currently for $280. A price cut to $199 would have for sure a greater sales effect in the U.S., as Nintendo still is not able to have the Wii in stock at major retailers to give consumers a chance to buy it at the MSRP of $249. Instead the prices for a Wii console are still close to $400. An Xbox 360 Arcade would just be half that price after the rumored price-cut.

Microsoft could win some time with the price-cut to prepare for a new generation fo Xbox 360 consoles with integrated Blu-ray drives. Microsoft is supposed to be in talks with Sony already about licensing Blu-ray for the Xbox 360.

*www.i4u.com/article15312.html

Anti-PS3 Measures already..
Hopefully the price cut ll find it's way to India as well soon.

PCWORM

UBERGEEK
3 yrs warranty,, falcon, bluray, price cut....M$ is striving hard to keep the X360
on the scene......i hope they also introduce a price-cut for accessories and add-ons!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
What about the RRoD cut? Has it been curbed or any measures been applied to reduce it? If yes then perhaps with a price cut I can think about getting one in place of PS3 but if it's still not stable then PC would do for now.:)

PCWORM

UBERGEEK
great news ..... time 2 buy ..... bt hope they dont increase prices 4 its original games ....
U need not worry there,,,the prices of newly released games is below 1800bucks
earlier the prices were in the ranges is 2200rs...!!!

What about the RRoD cut? Has it been curbed or any measures been applied to reduce it?
Yea...the new falcon based SKUs have a low failure rate..but it will take some
time for them to launch in india....

Last edited:

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
The Xbox Price cut is official now .

*www.joystiq.com/2008/03/10/360-gets-euro-price-drop-this-friday/

The 360 is now officially cheaper than the Wii in Europe .

@PCWORM , the Falcon SKU's with the HDMI port are now readily available in India . I myself have seen stores here in lucknow stocked with the HDMI 360's :)

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
India is a Zero Sale(literally) market for both Sony and Microsoft .

They sell consoles at a loss in the US and UK and hope to recover via game sales .

But here in India , they sell consoles at a premium because they(almost certainly) know that Game sales will be nonexistant so they can't afford to loose money on the hardware .

I thus do not expect a Price cut here in India . Not until Diwali this year ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom