XBox 360 from US?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry146

Broken In
Hi,

I plan to get a XBox 360 from US by the end of year, since the price there would be comparable to price of XBox in India. I wished to know whether that would work in India? Mean, what would be the changes reqd. ? Would it play DVDs available in India? Also, do they officially make the change at any service centre?

Thanks.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
It will work with a voltage converter so no worries about that. DVDs I am not sure as it might be restricted to just Region 1 DVDs. But before you buy the console, remember that you will still need to get the games from somewhere. And initially, there won't be too many games.

wolfff

Broken In
In US, they use 110V adapters, whereas here we use 220V. So as Nemesis said, you will need a voltage converter. Also a lot of details bout the 360 are sketchy, however it is expected to be region locked, so if you do get it from US, get atlest 5-7 dvds from there to go with it. And its expected to cost US$300, so that will be about 14500, and about 2000-2500 per game, coz in the US u aint gonna find 100 rupees dvd's lol.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Just to add, the Core package is $299 while the Premium one is $399. Each additional controller will cost $39 (wired) or $49 (wireless) and each game will cost $59.

OP
J

jerry146

Broken In
Hmmm... region locking would be really big issue :( ... though it would be compatible with the previous generation XBox games.
maybe better buy an XBox in India.. at least would be sure that things would work properly!

T

thunderbird.117

xbox 360 will take some time to come to india.i love the ps3 but the games are so expensive.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
1. Not all Xbox games will be compatible with the Xbox 360. Microsoft has said that the top selling Xbox games will definitely be compatible but other games may or may not work. The reason behind this is that the games were coded for a different architecture so you cannot expect them to run on the 360. They might have to use emulation to get older games to work.

2. @thunderbird: PS3 is still like 9 months away so how do you know that games are expensive?

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
And another thing. There is no gurantee that any of the games will actually work in India. Why ? Simply because all the games will be authenticated online. And since all XBOX 360 comes with a Live! feature, you will need an broadband connection. And as of now Live! is not supported in India.

OP
J

jerry146

Broken In
Thnx for the info .. i think would stick to buying XBox itself.... at least would be on the safer side..
Does anyone know any dealer in Hyderabad who sells XBox (and does the modding too)? I tried to search but without success. Or is it advisable to get one from Bangalore only...

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Well if you can get your hands on a modded XBOX from the US then theres nothing like it. I got a modded one from Singapore loaded with all goodies. try this site:

www.xbox-scene.com

they have a heck of a lot of info on the xbox. Do some research and have fun ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom