• X800GTO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Hi,

One of my friends has a brand new machine (Athlon 64 3000+, 512MB DDR 400Mhz RAM, MSI RS 480M2-IL). Since the time he bought his machine he has been using the onboard graphics of the machine which is quite decent. Now he has decided to buy FEAR and some of the other latest games. For that he has decided to buy a graphics card, budget being 11000. He has shortlisted three choices, 6600GT and Powercolor X800GT or Powercolor X800GTO (not sure if this is available in India). So which one should he go for. He has read somewhere that X800GT is a 6600GT beater in some of the benchmarks and it is supposedly cheaper than the 6600GT. He has also read somewhere that it has a 256-bit memory interface with much overclocking headroom and so he prefers it over the 6600GT which has 128-bit interface.

I have told him to wait so that I could know the opinions of the digit forum members. So friends, which one should he buy among 6600GT/X800GT/X800GTO and why? It would also be helpful if the price of the X800GT/GTO is also mentioned, along with the brand (powercolor, sapphire, etc). Also is X800GTO available in India?

Waiting for your replies.

Thanks in advance.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
I don't know if the X800GTO is available here, but it is the best card of the 3 that you have mentioned.
To put it simply, the GTO is a 12 pixel pipeline card while the other two are 8 pixel pipeline cards. If you can find it buy it, else go for the X800GT.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
the X800GTO is definitely the best and if its not available then even the X800GT can take over the 6600 gt ... the only downside is the absence of SM 3.0 , Features wise 6600gt is tad better but perfomance wise the X800GT has the edge. the X800GT from Powercolor is retailing for under 10k.

Source : IC CHIP , NOV 2005

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Kniwor, John_the_ultimate, deathvirus_me, and other people from Kolkata, do you know where can we get Powercolor X800GT/GTO in Kolkata? If yes, can you give us the contact numbers?

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom