WTH!!!!! Digit gives hl2 ep2 5/10!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

neerajkumar_4

Journeyman
check the GS review - *www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halflif...t=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;review

its a OB review but read the Hl ep 2 part!!!

Digit gives hl2 ep2 5/10!!

WTH is wrong with them!!

it seems the reviewer wants a longer game from a episodic part!!!
Episodic part is jus a small game ..to continue its story!
in fact ep2 is longer than ep1!!!!

he tells not much new ingame...

how much new stuff does he want from a 10hr(max) game!! ??

it seems its not like ep1 and comparing it with hl2... :|

hl2 is big game when compared to its episodes and GameSpot itself said that ep2 is a lot better than ep1!!

and they price they gave in the mag is like 50$(2,000rs india.....its 999rs here!!)...

i'd say that guy is R******D!!!

btw OB is one of the cheapest deals ever!!

hl2, hl2 ep1 , hl2 ep2 , portal and tf2 for 999rs.. how much more do u want!!??

every1 on earth gave it a better rating except DIGIT.. it should easily get 90%!!

Last edited:

Third Eye

gooby pls
Half Life 2 Episode 2 Ratings

Game Rankings
93%
Publication Score 1UP 10/10
IGN 9.4
PC Gamer UK 93%
PC Gamer Sweden 93%
Eurogamer
9/10
CVG 9.0

And digit has given 5. :lol:

ya,i also got my copy of mag 2day and was tooo surprised to see 5.5 rsting for hl2e2!!
its not that bad.in fact it is a gud game.

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
It wasn't Asfaq, it was Raaabo who reviewed it, and I'dve given it a similar rating. To be honest, the HL series hasn't really evolved beyond HL2 - I'm talking gameplay, and not the graphical bells and whistles.

On the plus side:
1. Better AI, meaner enemies, intense battles
2. Looks better
3. Still plays on older machines

On the minus side:
1. It's become too easy to tell when a puzzle is a physics puzzle. The challenge is gone; what remains is the frustration of screwing up those puzzles.

2. It's too damn short!

Frankly, I'd rather wait 3-4 years for another 20+ hour HL game than these one-sitting episodes.

Incidentally, while the OB is an excellent deal, do this math:

HL2: Gameplay - 30h (more or less depending on how good you are), Price at release - $50
Episodes: Gameplay - (8 x 3 = 24h), Price at release - $20 x 3 = $60

The episodes give you fewer hours of gameplay at a higher price. Which, of course, is what Valve wanted in the first place.

rajasekharan

Youngling
come on guys grow up....
why do you bother with the reviews???, its just what the reviewer thinks of the game, thats all , and that does not make the game good or bad for you ....
like , if i were to review FEAR, i would rate it 3.
why, i dont like FPS...
in his case , "he may not be a fan of HL" , simple , or "he does have sky high expectations", ....things like that
so he did put it 5.
that does not mean the game is good or bad , as its you whos playing the game and not him....

i hate this review (critic) business , just a silly waist of time, as i see most people often give high rated game a low rating just to attract "public attention" , its a kind of crap business....

if you want to know about a game , play the demo and decide....:), dont wait for another persons verdict

come on guys grow up....
why do you bother with the reviews???, its just what the reviewer thinks of the game, thats all , and that does not make the game good or bad for you ....
like , if i were to review FEAR, i would rate it 3.
why, i dont like FPS...
in his case , "he may not be a fan of HL" , simple , or "he does have sky high expectations", ....things like that
so he did put it 5.
that does not mean the game is good or bad , as its you whos playing the game and not him....

i hate this review (critic) business , just a silly waist of time, as i see most people often give high rated game a low rating just to attract "public attention" , its a kind of crap business....

if you want to know about a game , play the demo and decide....:), dont wait for another persons verdict

FatBeing said:
On the minus side:
1. It's become too easy to tell when a puzzle is a physics puzzle. The challenge is gone; what remains is the frustration of screwing up those puzzles.

2. It's too damn short!

Frankly, I'd rather wait 3-4 years for another 20+ hour HL game than these one-sitting episodes.

Incidentally, while the OB is an excellent deal, do this math:

HL2: Gameplay - 30h (more or less depending on how good you are), Price at release - $50

The episodes give you fewer hours of gameplay at a higher price. Which, of course, is what Valve wanted in the first place.

there you go...just what i was expecting

see , the guy wants a long game, complicated puzzles , lower price....so he did put a low rating , thats all
now all other reviewers were not bothered with all these "puxzle, money, long game" thing , so they gave it high....:D

Last edited:

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
I have competed this game and it doesn't deserve anything less than 9/10.
And surely this series has evolved since HL.Did the reviewer not play the last battle?
The Achievement system is fun too.

Pathik

Google Bot
The only bad thing about HL2:EP2 is its extremely short length.. but still it min u shd give it is a 8.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
It is not that short.I played it thoroughly and clocked about 6.5 hrs.Going to play again with commentary.
The length is OK for an Episodic game.

Third Eye

gooby pls
Yep game is not that short.

Hope Valve increase the length of gameplay in Episode 3.

Last edited:
OP
neerajkumar_4

neerajkumar_4

Journeyman
Arsenal_Gunners said:
It is not that short.I played it thoroughly and clocked about 6.5 hrs.Going to play again with commentary.
The length is OK for an Episodic game.
agreed. for a episodic content.. the gamplay hours are good and the gameplay is fun...

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
FatBeing said:

Actually this is fine with us since it is easier to pay a 1000 bucks for 5 games rather than 2000/- for one.

I mean...everybody always charges more for the installments...everybody does.....and it is more convenient even for the consumer.....so I don't think it's a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom