Wrooommm... Flying Cars are here! Got license?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecyclone2k

In the zone
Check this here along with their prices.

*www.firebox.com/index.html?dir=firebox&action=product&pid=415

No more road jams, just news will change from road accident to air accident!!

The Jetson Era is here!!

iinfi

mekalodu
is this flying car true or is it some kinda joke .... i didnt see the videos though ...

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
ya, i once saw this thing on NGC,..
source: *www.moller.com/skycar/

Moller International has developed the first and only feasible, personally affordable, personal vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) vehicle the world has ever seen.
*www.moller.com/skycar/m400/m400-flag.jpg

You've always known it was just a matter of time before the world demanded some kind of flying machine which would replace the automobile. Of course, this machine would have to be capable of VTOL, be easy to maintain, cost effective and reliable. Well, we at Moller International believe we have come up with the solution. That solution is the volantor named M400 Skycar.

Let's compare the M400 Skycar with what's available now, the automobile. Take the most technologically advanced automobile, the Ferrari, Porsche, Maserati, Lamborgini, or the more affordable Acura, Accord, or the like. It seems like all of the manufacturers of these cars are touting the new and greatly improved "aerodynamics" of their cars. Those in the aerospace industry have been dealing with aerodynamics from the start. In the auto industry they boast of aerodynamics, performance tuned wide track suspensions, electronic ignition and fuel injection systems, computer controllers, and the list goes on. What good does all this "advanced engineering" do for you when the speed limit is around 60 MPH and you are stuck on crowded freeways anyway?

Can any automobile give you this scenario? From your garage to your destination, the M400 Skycar can cruise comfortably at 275 MPH (maximum speed of 375 MPH) and achieve up to 20 miles per gallon on clean burning, ethanol fuel. No traffic, no red lights, no speeding tickets. Just quiet direct transportation from point A to point B in a fraction of the time. Three dimensional mobility in place of two dimensional immobility.

No matter how you look at it the automobile is only an interim step on our evolutionary path to independence from gravity. That's all it will ever be.

Moller International's M400 Skycar volantor is the next step.

*www.moller.com/images/vidlinkimg.jpg

to view Skycar flight test videos click here

mohit

The Hardware Labs
will ethanol fuel be chaper than petrol/diesel ??? right now fuel is the thing thats running out and has become excessively expensive. companies should work on making cars using some other alternative infinitely available resource.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
club_pranay said:

I saw the programme too, but I think saw it on Discovery and that too a couple of years back ! There have been lots of developments in this front. However, though personally affordable (?!!!, may be for a select few), it still requires lot of regulations yet to be set, needs better mileage, can't occupy more than 2 etc, this technology is being modifed to use for business class travelling only that the technology will be adopted to existing smaller planes.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
lywyre said:
club_pranay said:

I saw the programme too, but I think saw it on Discovery and that too a couple of years back ! There have been lots of developments in this front. However, though personally affordable (?!!!, may be for a select few), it still requires lot of regulations yet to be set, needs better mileage, can't occupy more than 2 etc, this technology is being modifed to use for business class travelling only that the technology will be adopted to existing smaller planes.

dude, this is just the begining.. i mean u cant expect the first car man built to be as good as honda city :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom