Writing ISO files to multisessioned CD..Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

h_kunte

Journeyman
Hello All...

Can anyone tell me whether theres any way to write an ISO file to a multisessioned CD...??

The reason I want to try this out is that I have quite a few ISO files which are hardly 3 to 30 MB in size, & I dont feel like burning them on altogether new disks...

Also I tried using softwares like ISO buster, but then the contents of the ISO file when viewed through it are different from the contents when the file is burned onto a CD...

Is there anyway in which I can directly install a software in an ISO file without burning it onto a CD??

Looking for replies...Thanks in advance...

HK

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
as u haved used iso buster i will tell u extracted the the image file with iso buster on the hard disk.then do what u want whether burn it or run setup of it.

champ_rock

champ_rock
if it contains info about boot options and something like (linux) that then it cannot be done on a mu;tisession disc.... . otherwise if i just some game or something then u can extract it and burn like any normal forlder...

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
You can do two things:
1. just write the iso files just like any ordinary data. But you will not be able to boot from this cd if the iso's are bootable.

2. mount a virtual drive with alcoholv120 or roxio or virtual cd and mount the iso file on it. You will now be able to run the programmes as if you are running actually from the real CD-rom. This method also is not suitable for bootable images.

adit_sen

In the zone
in short - yes. you can burn iso files to a multisession cd. just burn them as you would normally burn files on a data cd

peace...
aditya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom