Would you adhere to the new smoking ban in public places?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krinish

Journeyman
What does the new smoking ban in public places mean to you?

One of the most controversial law in moderm times is being implemented from today.
I think we have equal number of smokers and non smokers in our country, and the debate would rage on and on.

Are you a smoker? Would you quit smoking in public places, Would you smoke in your house putting your family members at risk, or would you cough up 200 rs and smoke in public? or is it, you dont give a damm about this law.

Let the Debate start. Please dont get personal, attacking smokers and non smokers alike. Light hearted banter and arguments is always in.

Last edited:

amc888

India rocks
I am not a smoker. In my opinion, why the govt just ban the public smoking instead of banning cigarettes?:D So our Government need taxes from cigarettes. :mad:

Friends, what is your opinion?

amizdu

Broken In
I'm a non-smoker, and I hate smokers and drinkers. So, I fully support Anbumani in all his decision.

pc_game_lover2004

~Beating Toughest Games~
well really confused on this issue 50-50 chances...
felt pity for the smokers at the same time felt nice for the people that really hated cigarettes anyhow personally i didn't had any problems with smokers although i don't smoke but I think it looks cool when one is smoking....

karnivore

in your face..
This law will give our beloved policemen another excuse to extort money. Thats all it will do.

This law will backfire....unless accommodation is made for the smokers (like smoking zone etc.) On one hand, Govt. permits to manufacture and sell cigarette, but on the other, would not permit to consume it (the law virtually comes to it only).

Although can't quite put my finger on it, there is a legal blowout waiting somewhere out there.

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
if i am a real betruger, i will use my soulcube to transport the persons who smokes in public place to their child-ages so that they feels how the smell is irritated to others.

Last edited:

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
I am a smoker. We have no such thing in our sountry as of now. I am a Nepalese.
I feel that such thing should be enforced in our country as well.

As for me; I am not intrguing while smoking. I smoke in my own room(closed from inside) when no-one is in house or is asleep. I smoke in my veranda.
Even I dont like the smell; I dont go near places where people are smoking. I find the smell equally intriguing.

Let me get this clear; when one smokes, the smell is not that pronounced. You dont smell the cigarette/breathe through your nose while smoking. But when you are normally carrying out your work; its intriguing.

I like the sensation and have no regrets of smoking. I am in no hurry to leave it. I have seen smokers live 90 years, and I know how much smoking leads to how much danger. I aint addicted right now. Can live without it for months; but like smoking. I dont think anyone has a problem with my smoking; I am a co-operative smoker. If everyone becomes co-operative... such laws are useless.

But I do feel bad when people say they hate smokers/drinkers... We are not idiots/morons. We know what we are doing; at least I do. :neutral:

unitechy

Broken In
:D So our Government need taxes from cigarettes. :mad:

Friends, what is your opinion?

Government can't ban cigarettes as they(tobacco in general) bring loads of money in their bank :x

i don't smoke and don't like it people smoking !!
just cant take the smoke in ...
Its good that government is bringing in new laws but lets see how much people follow..

afonofa

Journeyman
well really confused on this issue 50-50 chances...
felt pity for the smokers at the same time felt nice for the people that really hated cigarettes anyhow personally i didn't had any problems with smokers although i don't smoke
No need to feel pity for them. The ill effects of smoking on health have been very well researched. This ban will only help and its definitely good for non-smokers.
I'm a non-smoker, and I hate smokers and drinkers. So, I fully support Anbumani in all his decision.
I don't hate them even though it irritates me a lot when I have to inhale second hand smoke because of them. Its their life, if they want to shorten it, let them but thats no reason to create a nuisance for others who want to live a healthier life.
I dont think anyone has a problem with my smoking; I am a co-operative smoker. If everyone becomes co-operative... such laws are useless.

But I do feel bad when people say they hate smokers/drinkers... We are not idiots/morons. We know what we are doing; at least I do.
Unfortunately most of the smokers that I've come across don't think the way you do. It would be much better if they were as considerate as you. But till that happens, I support this ban on smoking in public places.

I don't think banning cigarettes will help. It would only make that industry go underground which will create more problems.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I have no problem with someone smoking. Let him die, why should I be bothered about his health. But if his smoking exposes me to chemicals that can harm me, I don't see any reason to be obliged to him to inhale his smoke. So, I support ban in public places and feel that smoking in 'private' places should be left to the smoker.

I am doctor and I have seen patients(not just the poor, but even the rich ones) dying of cancer due to smoking. Also, they don't die peacefully, but have very miserable last moments. I don't want to suffer so much.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I want to see how they implement it. Passing a bill through parliament is one thing, implementing it on the ground is another.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Also, I am interested in what Mumbai Mirror does now. They tend to be a metro newspaper that deals with contemporary(and sometimes childish, non-sense) issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom