Status
Not open for further replies.

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
Worst Internet Speed in peak hours - Tata Indicom Surf 2 plug

I am getting the lowest speed in peak hours
check screenshots

It takes on average 12 mins yes 12 mins to download 1 mb
I took the speed when i was downloading file and also browsing different sites.

The speed is very very slow in peak hours.

wait i will upload screenshots soon when the connection is good enough to upload screenshots

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Is it a regular trouble or happen sometimes? What about signal strength. If signals are okay, does restarting the connection helps?

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
checked ur browser/download manager/antivirus?? cuz it also depends upton deze 3 factors.....

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
Is it a regular trouble or happen sometimes? What about signal strength. If signals are okay, does restarting the connection helps?

it happens at peak hours - but peak hours is i think somewhat 8 to 10 hours per day
signal if full in peak and in non peak

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
dude...hv u tried wid download manager.....downloaded file wid dm?? cuz sumtimes it happens dat browser can not b able 2 utilize full speed of network......it had happened wid me as well....so i said....

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
checked ur browser/download manager/antivirus?? cuz it also depends upton deze 3 factors.....

yes all is ok
if not then why i get ok speed in non peak hours

i get ok speed more than 10 KB from 1 am to 6 am
i get speed ranging from 1 to 3 KB in peak hours

no reconnecting dont help as speed is very very low in peak hours ,
even dial up connection gets more SPEED in peak hours than Tata Indicom Surf 2 plug

dude...hv u tried wid download manager.....downloaded file wid dm?? cuz sumtimes it happens dat browser can not b able 2 utilize full speed of network......it had happened wid me as well....so i said....

yes i use download manger while downloading
i tested with 3 download managers and also with internet browser downloader

i am talking both downloading and browsing speed . i tested many sites together , i thought alteast 1 site will give more speed but no .
google , yahoo , microsoft site all loads very slowly in peak hours.
in non peak no problem

what u get is approx 3 KB (average speed of 1 hour) in peak hours , in non peak more than 10 KB (average speed of 1 hour)

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
@amit :try bsnl EV-DO service if it is available in your town :) is good although a bit costly.

gopz

In the zone
Try to install SPEED+ software, avaiable on TATA Indicom's website. It reduces image quality to increase browsing speed.

TATA Indicom works on CDMA networks, so the speed will depend on the number of users in your area and network bandwidth. In case there are many users in your area who use TATA Indicom, then the bandwidth will be shared with all of them.

In case mobility is not an issue, go in for cable or broadband from Airtel. TATA charges for mobility rather than speed.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
+1
i think for mobility, Airtel or Idea GPRS is better. use a bluetooth module to connect to phone, and ull get good speeds[better than current one] with an EDGE enabled phone.

@mods
plz change the title to 'plug to surf' :)

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
Does restarting the connection helps? Try reinstalling dialer. Else contact Customer Care. They may tell you the reason for problem.

I HAVE DONE ALL

nothing helps

in night i got 10 KB speed but in morning i am getting 3-4 KB Maximum speed while surfing or downloading

speed + when run ,i see 3 to 4 programs in task manager so i uninstalled speed + .
also i dont want to compromise on image quality so i dont use speed +

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
Try to install SPEED+ software, avaiable on TATA Indicom's website. It reduces image quality to increase browsing speed.

TATA Indicom works on CDMA networks, so the speed will depend on the number of users in your area and network bandwidth. In case there are many users in your area who use TATA Indicom, then the bandwidth will be shared with all of them.

In case mobility is not an issue, go in for cable or broadband from Airtel. TATA charges for mobility rather than speed.

i uninstalled speed + software it is taking much system resources. also it is of no use for downloading files.

i think that is true -------- speed will depend on the number of users in your area and network bandwidth

than why dont they do something for the wrost bandwidth we get in peak hours

i search google and found that almost all who have contacted customer care , none got postive response and there problem is never solved

Last edited:

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Contact nodal officer. Only once I needed help and got reply very next day when I send complaint to nodal officer.

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
IF I am able to upload screenshots i will upload here.

Try using the modem on another computer and tell the result.

i have done that also

i am using modem on laptop only

so i tested on another computer (desktop) and same results in peak hours . it takes 2 - 3 refresh to load page . and even this page loads fully in 3 mins in peak hours

PLEASE SEE I AM TALKING ABOUT PEAK HOURS ONLY NOT --- NON PEAK HOURS .
In non peak hours the speed is ok for me .

Contact nodal officer. Only once I needed help and got reply very next day when I send complaint to nodal officer.

can u tell where to find number or contact details to contact nodal officer .

and did he solved your problem, and is your problem was on bandwidth if yes i dont think any user get it solved as they have to increase bandwidth for all tata users

Last edited:
OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
i searched google and found even engineers from tata indicom cant do anything about bandwidth.

Try another browser

THANKS ALL WHO ARE HELPING ME

But as i said i have done all

i use opera , internet explorer , firefox and sometimes very rare netscape

but nothing , wrost speed in peak hours - even dialup has double speed in peak if u compare this with tata indicom

Last edited:
OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
This is the screenshot for torrent download

it took almost 1 DAY 14 HOURS -------- YES 1 DAY 14 HOURS TO download 560 mb

i disconnect many times during download to see if i get good speed
but not good speed in non peak hours.

*img140.imageshack.us/img140/371/torrentdownloaddg0.jpg

*img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=torrentdownloaddg0.jpg

This speed is for all browsing , downloading files from other sites not only in torrent download

*img99.imageshack.us/img99/8404/pingscreenshottt7.jpg

*img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pingscreenshottt7.jpg

not to forget request time out many times in PEAK HOURS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom