Worst case using Orkut..

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Lets us assume you are studying in 3rd year of engineering and came to know your college fees has been hiked drastically which you need to pay for two years; current and the next year.

All the students in your college including you are enraged over this. There has been negotiations with the college chairman or going for strikes for many days.

Along with this, you want to show your anger in another way. You want to execute your freedom of speech and so you posted a topic(with your name) in your college Orkut community commenting on the college management/chairman and try to prove how the fee hike has not been justified(remember you haven't written any abusive stuff in the post!).

Now the main part. The other day you came to know that the college officials have been tracking messages/posts in orkut(which you didn't expected) and they found your post against the college discipline. So now you are on their 'hit list'. You are literally busted, in short!

What would you feel and do in such case??

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Reminds me of this joke ..
A man joined a multi-national company as a trainee. On his first day, he dialled the kitchen and shouted into the phone: "Get me a cup of coffee, quickly."

The voice from the other side responded: "You fool; you’ve dialled the wrong extension. Do you know who you’re talking to?"

"No", replied the trainee.

"It’s the Managing Director of the company, you idiot."

The trainee shouted back, "And do you know who you are talking to, you idiot?"

"No," replied the Managing Director angrily.

"Thank God," replied the trainee and put down the phone.

Now to the matter .. If I were the principal of that college I'd appreciated you to "actively protest" against the hike but putting any stuff on public websites isnt a good thing .. So the principal wont like it .. And yeah .. you are busted .. But now that you are into the issue, you shouldnt back off .. and hope others join you ..

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Orkut is nothing more than a spam playground to me. It helps in getting yourself infected as well. bah, I deleted me accnt.

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
blueshift said:
Lets us assume you are studying in 3rd year of engineering and came to know your college fees has been hiked drastically which you need to pay for two years; current and the next year.

All the students in your college including you are enraged over this. There has been negotiations with the college chairman or going for strikes for many days.

Along with this, you want to show your anger in another way. You want to execute your freedom of speech and so you posted a topic(with your name) in your college Orkut community commenting on the college management/chairman and try to prove how the fee hike has not been justified(remember you haven't written any abusive stuff in the post!).

Now the main part. The other day you came to know that the college officials have been tracking messages/posts in orkut(which you didn't expected) and they found your post against the college discipline. So now you are on their 'hit list'. You are literally busted, in short!

Shut up and concentrate on my studies!

Agree with QM's take on Orkut.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
QwertyManiac said:
Orkut is nothing more than a spam playground to me. It helps in getting yourself infected as well. bah, I deleted me accnt.

i have to deffer on this one... Thru orkut i have met so many old friends and school mates whic otherwise would be impossible. Yes it is a spam central but the good part is that most of the people have their real Identities over there too. that really helps locate people u otherwise have no contact with.

Heck i found one of my junier school mate there... he was a best friend then. but as i was young and cared less... we lost contact... guess what i would have felt when i got a scrap from him.

orkut is like a indian(and pakistani) version of classmates.com

Pathik

Google Bot
orkut rocks..... btw blueshift r u 4m mumbai.... this is the exact story of my college... dj....

Sykora

I see right through you.
I agree with Apollo. I have an account in Orkut, but basically because my friends pushed me into it. But then, I _never_ give my real name on the internet, or anything much for that matter. So if I screw up bad, I just create a new alias and move on.

OP
blueshift

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
@it_waaznt_me: but putting any stuff on public websites isnt a good thing
College orkut community isn't official and its never public, right?

@Qwertymaniac:It helps in getting yourself infected as well.
Thats true. I have become addicted to it.

@sariq:
thanks for that idea.

@Rollercoaster:
I agree with you too.

pathiks..sent u message.

Dhaval

Broken In
QwertyManiac said:
Yes i agree with QwertyManiac orkut is really a spam playground. Most of the members there have nothing better to do. Just check out this community
"Hate Himesh Reshammiya" and the kind of post there, and they have about thousand communities like this.

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
blueshift said:

dood orkut if offline part of ur life and college is the real deal you see... shhh start studying

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Bluff it.

@blueshift:- Really man no offence but you can do whatever u want and deny it all the way long man. See when the college ppl confront you and tell u that u have been spotted on orkut posting messages against me, then u can say what is orkut ?????

Arrey just tell them that I dont know what ur talking abt. They dont have any concrete evidence against you so they cant take u down. First of all even if they printout all of ur scrapbook also they dont prove anything coz u can say hey thats not my account. I dunno who created it.

They just can lay a noose around ur neck. U shud know man how to bluff. I leant it the hard way but thats the way it is.

mediator

Technomancer
Heyyyy.....orkut is not that bad!! Yea I also have met about a hundred of mah school friends thru hi5 and orkut. I really had lost contact with all mah school friends during boards but thanx to these sites!!
Neways u can browse the gals profiles also thru these sites!! :mrgreen:

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Orkut is lame. I don't the logic behind allowing everyone to see a persons scraps. Shouldn't they be private? I'm pretty sure Orkut is just another way for Google to collect personal information about people .

Sykora

I see right through you.
Does anyone know what orkut really means? Go to google and type "What does orkut mean?" _with_ the quotes. Don't post the answer here, it's not exactly forum friendly :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom