World's Fastest Home Broadband Connection — 40 Gbps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
A 75-year-old woman from Karlstad in central Sweden has been given a scorching 40 Gbps internet connection — the fastest residential connection anywhere in the world. Sigbritt Löthberg is the mother of Swedish internet guru Peter Löthberg, who is using his mother to prove that fiber networks can deliver a cost-effective, ultra-fast connection. Sigbritt, who has never owned a computer before, can now watch 1,500 HDTV channels simultaneously or download a whole high definition DVD in two seconds. Apparently the hardest part of the whole project was installing Windows on Sigbritt's PC.

Read More

errr... Our HDDs cant even write in that speed :lol:

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
if that woman ever needs a house keeper or wants to adopt someone i'll be the first in line:D

she'll definitely pick me coz i'm rotting at 33.6kbps

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
damn i gonna be tht aunty's neighbour help her couple of times ... and those 40gbps are mine

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
Re: World's Fastest Home Broadband Connection — 40 Gbps

rajasekharan said:
hell, and here i am moving with a snails pace of 15kb/s download speed...:(.
tu akela nahi hai yaar hum bhi tere saath hai. :(

blackpearl

The Devil
World's fastest broadband connection

A 75 year old woman from Karlstad in central Sweden has been thrust into the IT history books - with the world's fastest internet connection.

Sigbritt Löthberg's home has been supplied with a blistering 40 Gigabits per second connection, many thousands of times faster than the average residential link and the first time ever that a home user has experienced such a high speed.....

......Sigbritt will now be able to enjoy 1,500 high definition HDTV channels simultaneously. Or, if there is nothing worth watching there, she will be able to download a full high definition DVD in just two seconds.

*faint*

*www.thelocal.se/7869/20070712/

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
Re: World's fastest broadband connection

^^WTF? when can get these in India?

off-topic: what are the prices like for a one-way trip to sweden?

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Re: World's fastest broadband connection

I have posted it, and the thread is right bellow...

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62812

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Well, she can open a smaller Rapidshare in Sweden :lol: Sweden seems to have lots of bandwidth 120GB of Rapidshare and now she has 40GB...i guess India doesnt have 160GB in total :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom